Reviews for Politics and Economics Forum
Calvin Fitzgerald chapter 2 . 12/20/2004
I would have hoped Trust would have picked this essay apart, but it appears he would much rather heckle then criticize constructively. Still, you point out a lot of problems with modern capitalism. Kudos for you.

You theorize that capitalism is a backwards system. Then what, perchance, would be a forward system of economy? Mercantalism? Socalism?

Calvin Fitzgerald
fugiguru chapter 1 . 12/20/2004
it should not have takne you an entire essay to come to the conclusion that right and wrong are subjective.
melody mama chapter 1 . 12/19/2004
Hahaha, did you just read The Prince by Machivelli? You sound my like my AP Euro class. But in all seriousness, very interesting essay. I have to say I totally agree with you in some areas and completely disagree with you in other areas. For one, I am a total conservative right winger, so in that sense I don't agree with you completely. The idea that mind kind can never gain complete peace is something I definitely agree with. History has demonstrated this time and time again. You gave examples of rulers who took absolute rule and minipulated their power for slefish reasons which has been seen time and time again. Absolute monarchs illustrated this theory in history after the fall of European monarchies because rulers such as Henry XVI, James I, and Charles I abused such power. But I have to say our ideas on ethics and morals are different. You explained that right and wrong is simply a personal thing developed by your upbringing, religion etc. Now my view is based on my own faith, but I strongly believe that such morals are universal. People, just as you say that morals are based on your ow view of right and wrong but if that is so why have people adopted universal ideas of right and wrong. In America, we pride ourselves on not being prejudice toward anyone religion, but morals have been founded against things such as murder, robbery, rape, etc. These are things that are boldly taught in the Christian church to be wrong, but others accept such rules as well. When terrorist attck and claim that it is a religious war, people agree that it is wrong. Again, stemming from religious based ideas. I strongly belive there is a pretty clear line between right and wrong for everything. I know this is due to my Christina based look at life, but I think if can be applied to everything. My friend know me for my black and white outlook on things. But I enjoyed your writing and your great at it and I'll shut up now.
No Trust chapter 2 . 12/19/2004
I'm loathe to let your pathetic bumbling attempts at economic analysis to go unheckled; I'm pretty sure if I don't do it, no-one else will do it, or at least they won't do it right. I don't know why, but that bothers me. Like sand in my shoe. However, I really don't have the patience to deal with this kind of nonsense. It's been done inside and out every which way, over and over and fucking over again.
No Trust chapter 1 . 12/19/2004
“Fuck you rotten shitbags, evermore. I hope you all die badly.” –Billy Beck
chocoholic chapter 1 . 12/16/2004
This is exactly how I feel, and it was well written, you made your points very clearly. When's the next chapter coming?
Infinite Smiles chapter 1 . 12/14/2004
'So, ultimately, right and wrong are personal visions. These visions affect our circumstance, no matter how well intended or greedy they are.'

The last line sums up the essay perfectly. Very intelligent work! Well done.
22 | « Prev Page 1 2