Reviews for Channah
Bloodflower chapter 1 . 10/29/2006
You know what?

This is a story that makes me revoke what I said in that forum post about the Holocaust.

Powerful. Well done.
hoowdoideletethisaccount chapter 1 . 3/11/2006
-Do you hear me, Channah? I am that doll she carries, whose bright red lips have long since faded from its face.-

-I am already dead-

This is a very disturbing and powerful portrayal of a horrific period in history. Have you ever watched "The Pianist"? That was part of the inspiration for my "Born the Last Song..." story. Very, very sad film, but so valuable in so many ways.

I can remember watching "The Hiding Place" when I was just a little girl. Ever since then, I have always taken every chance to learn more about the Holocaust. Why? Because I don't think people should ever forget something like that. I think human suffering should never be ignored or brushed over, no matter how long ago it happened. Yes-it still matters. It still matters so, so much.

You did an excellent job with the imagery, emotion, depth, and history of this piece. I felt it to the bone.
Sophie Ulquiorra Allen chapter 1 . 3/1/2006
Heart-wrenching. I love your pure description and also the bluntness you put into your writing. It makes it seem so real. It was wonderful to have read this.
Lord-of-Fools chapter 1 . 10/18/2005
That is the saddest thing I have ever read.

Aside from a few grammatical errors, that is the most beautiful, poetic and honest Holocaust story I have found on this site.

I'm not often a tearful person, but I am crying now. You've done a wonderful job, and this isn't a generic Holocaust story either. You've managed to tell a story that has been told many times over in a new way. You've shown the true tragedy of this horrific event.

Very, very, very well done.
19 | « Prev Page 1 2