Reviews for Flying on Borrowed Wings
Heise chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
Wow

it reminded me of this one quote. Damn. If I find it and I'll show you someday. I think it was by Oscar Wilde.

Oh okay, I found it:

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."

And then, when I finished the poem, it reminded me of like a kid who's flying on the dreams and wishes of his parents or guardians or ancestors. The last line reminds me of both ideas. I like the poem either way.
Chaotic Charisma chapter 1 . 1/21/2005
So wistful and sad and reminiscient! I love the imagry. You take one image and weave it into the next very nicely. Sad and hopeful, all at once.
Ivy Orion chapter 1 . 12/19/2004
Ooh... pretty... I love this. Beautiful language in beautiful form. I really love this poem.
kangaruw chapter 1 . 12/14/2004
nice writing
CrystalSaffron chapter 1 . 12/14/2004
absolutely wonderful job on this poem! Very descriptive visually and has a sense of bitter tranquility that I love! wondaful job!

(Also, thanks for the review of my poem! (Who's to Say)because it rocked!)
acid-tears chapter 1 . 12/14/2004
beautiful, i love the imagery. In time the true wings will be revealed, and they'll be just as beautifl :)
Catella Estelle chapter 1 . 12/14/2004
WOw, beautiful imagery! The theme was very good and meaningful...it's hard to find your own standing in the world, isn't it? Very good work!

~ Little Dog Muse