Reviews for Blukie's Goodbye
NekozawaUmehito chapter 1 . 6/8/2005
OMG! That's spooky, but really sweet. I believe it could have been possible for you to see his spirit. When one of my pets died, I swore I saw him sitting on my dresser the night after. ('course, no one believed me afterward.)
knowlee chapter 1 . 5/16/2005
Spooky. I've never had that happen to me before.
amethystdawn chapter 1 . 5/9/2005
Aw...*gives you hug* Perhaps Blukie wanted to give you one last glimpse of him or something? That sounds actually kinda touching, sort of sweet. You really love your cat, don't you?
Bobertkins chapter 1 . 3/16/2005
Um... I have actually never heard of a ghost story where the ghost is a cat. Storywise I think you should have made it more of a story then a recounting. It may have been a ghost or it may have been a dream, or it may have been just your imagination at any rates it makes for an interesting tale. :)
Morgan Wolf Russell chapter 1 . 3/1/2005
When I was nine my first cat, Truffles, died. He meant the world to me, and because of an accident involving a jumprope used as a leash, my sister and I found him hanging from our picket fence. It was pretty traumatic. A while later, when I was very depressed, I was considering ending my life. I remember standing in the kitchen with a knife in my hand, staring down at it, when all of a sudden I heard, very distinctly, the sound of purring. I felt something brush against my leg, much in the way a cat would. I put down the knife. To me it meant that Truffles was letting me know I could make it through, and that I should hang on. It sounds sort of silly, I know, but to me it was what I needed. The point is, I believe the people (and pets) we love stay with us when they die, in one form or another, and they have ways of letting us know they're still watching. I thought "Blukie's Goodbye" was a very poignant examination of an experience quite a few of us have had. I noticed only one small flaw- in the fourth paragraph I think the word "arisen" would be a better substitute for the word "aroused". Your essay's probably shorter than my review, but I just wanted to share my own experience and let you know that I really enjoyed reading this beautiful little piece on life after death.
Glass Heart chapter 1 . 2/11/2005
It could have been a dream, it could have been reality. There is no one in this world who can tell if supernatural happenings are fact or fiction...sorta like no one knows why gravity works the way it does but thats a different rant all together. I don't believe that you most certainly saw his ghost, but I don't believe that you're a crazed maniac and ghosts don't exist. There's no concrete proof either way. If it were me, I'd like to believe I had really seen his spirit coming to say good bye (I've had similar experiances after the deaths of my pets before)Rock on!
Georgi chapter 1 . 12/24/2004
Hey Chanty

Great Story. Loved it. I miss you so much. Merry Christmas and a happy new year. Sorry I forgot to email because I had a mountain of Homework. See ya soon

Your old friend

Georgi Smerald
Learah Kaelar chapter 1 . 12/16/2004
its a good idea. but I think it needs more to it somehow. Make it more...literaturey I guess. More of a story I guess. Cheers though.
hvk chapter 1 . 12/15/2004
I like this.

I have a constant similar experiance with a lynx-like cat of mine, Hobbes.

I feel he has reincarnated as my currant cat, because of overwhelming evidence.

That, and I just feel it.

Thought provoking.
Codge chapter 1 . 12/15/2004
Hm... I like this, it is very thought provoking. I reccomend Digw's story, it is magnificent!
Lowell Boston chapter 1 . 12/15/2004
I think this is a good story, but you are retelling the events, rather than fashionin git as a work of literature. I would encourage you towrite this as a story from a specific charcter's viewpoint, and see if it resonats with the same emotions and shock.

Lowell