Reviews for What I'd Give
Out-Of-Reality chapter 1 . 2/11/2005
A dream we all have when we smile in the night...Sorry inspiration moment. Anyway, the repition made the poem stronger. I have extreme feelings for this subject, just because i think about it really often and it's like you brought some of those thoughts right out fo my brain. You're a truly amazing writer!
Superisis chapter 1 . 2/7/2005
This poem seemed quite trite and regular. Yet that was my lack of perception/concentration. I realized that the point of this poem (well, how i interpreted it anyways) was to give the idea that everyone has (or has had), "it was better when i was young and innocent", but behind this universial feeling lies a more sinister approach. As I said earlier, most people feel at times that it was better when life was less complicated, thus reducing the reader (well atleast me) to thinking that "ok, sure, the protagonist is feeling shit, big deal". But that's where I got smacked. Therer are hints within the texts that show of a much more tormented woman than one is lead to believe from the structure and outlay. I especially like the line "No evil things happening every night.". Quite a brooding piece of poetry, if one bothers to look past its initial appearance.
Angel Underneath chapter 1 . 2/7/2005
Oh, this is good. Definetly know how this feels.

I miss the childhood innocence.

Its great!
emily chapter 1 . 1/31/2005
How is it possible that in many ways we are so alike? Excellant poem
myno chapter 1 . 1/25/2005
funny thing- i don't want to go back to that, because then i know i'd have to live through all the junk i've survived in the last couple years again. Besides, i never was innocent... just less mature.
xraspberrykissesx chapter 1 . 1/12/2005
Ooh! It's so shows the EXACT feeling I have! /Love it!
fadedrainbows chapter 1 . 1/1/2005
Ouch. Usually I love repitition, but this one has too much. The line "What I’d give to go back to the naive little girl I once was." is placed way too close together. It actually hurts my head to read this. I am seriously not trying to flame you. I think if you spaced it out a bit more it'd be much nicer to read. I really love the theme, too.

*Fadedrainbows*
Clayfoot chapter 1 . 12/23/2004
i like how hte refrain is bold, and hte whle thing is centralized...the format makes it look like an innocent little poem, but then you read it...i like hte way you did this one.
Moon-Chaser chapter 1 . 12/19/2004
I can relate, I have no idea where my childhood was, it seems like it never came, and by the time I knew I needed one it was too late. Great poem, I lvoed it.

Keep it up.
Cinnamon Zo chapter 1 . 12/16/2004
Wow, I completely know the feeling. What happened to my childhood? Great poem, CZ
Keith Andrew chapter 1 . 12/16/2004
Fantastic work Alex you're only getting better. this is brilliant, love you keith andrew
angel-of-woe chapter 1 . 12/16/2004
awh i know exactly how this feels, i would do anything to great poem :D i like the repeat of the tittle
Nails For Your Crucifix chapter 1 . 12/16/2004
Ah, I know how this goes. Too often I am in this position. My only complaint is that the short stanzas make it feel choppy. The repetition works to a certain extent, but so much of it makes it feel very redundant. Keep writing from your heart.