Reviews for rememories
Ephemeral Seraphim chapter 1 . 4/8/2005
I'm so mad at myself that I didn't review most of your stuff before! *mutters to herself before going on* Anyway, you've stunned me speechless by the perfection of your pieces, and the greatest part was "your yin has deserted you and your yang is overbalanced" Nice, very nice. Your writing style is definitely worthy of acclaimed praise, and I hope to see you have some kind of writing career in the future.

chibichocobo
hellomister chapter 1 . 1/5/2005
I am always so fully impressed by everything you write. You apply fresh, unique frontages to worn-out ideas that have been tarnished by others.
dollface and her cancer chapter 1 . 1/4/2005
Big surprise, I love it. The lines that stick out to me are the ones about 'high cheekbones.. even if you didn't', and 'your raven hair is ashes', and the 'yin and yang' part. Very nice. I am, however, glad that you explained the 'big smelly drain' definition, I was somewhat lost.
hahahahahaha chapter 1 . 1/4/2005
I guess I like this one. A thoughtful, heartfelt poem. Nicely done. -winter
amphiboly chapter 1 . 12/31/2004
your writing is amazing and your works are just STUNNING! r/r me too. ((:
Aimee Raven chapter 1 . 12/28/2004
Aw...this is so nice! I really like it...it's rare that people write poetry for a greater cause than themselves or..fictionpress, lol. And this is still very beautiful! I'm nowhere near Singapore, so i couldn't really help...but good luck with the campaign! Love, Mia
natthatter chapter 1 . 12/27/2004
ahahaha mellyhatter i am proud of you.

anyway. the poem is good but a little haphazard or at least the progress from one stanza to another is not very clear.

"and now your raven hair is ashes,your eyes are rain washed down the drain;your yin has deserted you andyour yang is at least that's what the sinseh said."

now THAT, i like.
moonarised polane chapter 1 . 12/25/2004
you;ve been busking? and you didn't tell me? humph. haha.

i think you did a really good job on this. poignant and subtle. you didn't lapse into that cliched "oh-why-did-this-happen-to-my-best-friend" thing. which was good.

the longkang part was wow. haha. totally unexpected and full of childhood fantasies. (athena, i want my longkang poetry recitation! haha.)

the whole thing was nicely done and i loved it. what else can i say? way to go. put it in?
cheeseworth chapter 1 . 12/23/2004
i thought this was lovely. i really liked the way you managed to keep it so moving, yet not overload on the schmaltz, which was great. and the fact that you didn't cheat and lapse into emotional, fate-berating narrative, but kept things at a subtly poignant level, was very commendable. i also really liked the part about the yin and yang thing. um, but i didnt understand the persephone reference though. she died meh? thought she just got abducted. but anyway great job!
gold against the soul chapter 1 . 12/22/2004
This is beautifully nostalic, and manages to sound bittersweet with using any cliches. Nice one.
Shinji Boi69 chapter 1 . 12/22/2004
wow. I absolutely loved this. It's so discriptive. I am adding this to my favs. great job. It a
frisson rae chapter 1 . 12/20/2004
very ChickenSoup.

i think your poems are getting more subtle, and that's good. (:

i thought the second verse was cute - hehheh. poetry readings by the longkang one day ok. i promise.

athena (goddess.)
KonekOniko chapter 1 . 12/19/2004
The 21st? You chose the day when we're having a party! Anyways, random info aside, that was a wonderful poem. I'm so glad none of my friends have diseases, I would be crying my eyes out if they did. Hope to see more from you, kismet!

Sumi-chan; what you call love, I call pain
sore shoulder chapter 1 . 12/19/2004
that's beautiful, i love the love.
myno chapter 1 . 12/18/2004
those first two lines are the perfect way to open this piece... awesome poem.