Reviews for Road Trip
Haberdasher chapter 1 . 10/5/2005
again another good one. very vivid. the description breathed; very realistic. -the Lady Elaine
mezzie chapter 1 . 10/5/2005
without any pretensions to grab hold of my sight, this still manages to linger steadfastly in my mindmouth... it leaves me with an impression of layered greyness thrown into sharp relief with well-timed splotches of colour... if that made any sense at know i more than like it, as I always do with your work :) i will try to demonstrate that and be a good little fictionpress citizen by reviewing more often

mezzie
z chapter 1 . 6/6/2005
i love how you took something bland and made it beautiful.
M. R. Smale chapter 1 . 1/29/2005
Very vivid imagry and flow, an excellent story poem. Keep up the awesome writing!
A Perfect Sonnet chapter 1 . 1/4/2005
I read something like five of your other poems just before this one. I almost closed the window before I even read this, brushing off your many fans because none of your other poems really did -it- for me. I can't say why. Maybe if I re-read them now I might say differently. Maybe I just didn't understand them or my attention wasn't caught because I was looking for something that you weren't writing. But this one -I don't know- it's different. It's understated. Or it's something I know, something I have an actual memory of...I'm not sure what it is. Well, what it is for you. Because for me it's a road trip to Omaha and eating at a crappy country-style restaurant just because it had a giant yellow sign that simply said "EAT". And that's enough for me.
not sure yet chapter 1 . 1/1/2005
o, i love the mood of this one and the imagery and just everything, absolutely delightful! an excellent poem
marijke chapter 1 . 12/28/2004
claire - favorite part (I think) is how the tornados in his (her?) face contrast so strongly with the little girl drawing daisies.
clockwork kiss chapter 1 . 12/25/2004
I've read on numerous profiles that you possess talent. I was never all that sure. Maybe you were one of those many devoted fans who simply reviews every piece of work they happen to write? I didn't know. I never had time.

Now I'm sorry I didn't look earlier. You could have inspired me a hundred times over. This was beautiful. Simplistic not in the diction you use, for that has always seemed an insult to me, but in the picture it paints. Maybe simple is the wrong word. Nostalgic. Serene. Familiar. It is heartbreakingly wonderful to be able to follow along with your musings and the counterparts each word brings to my mind. The last stanza is especially pretty and thought provoking. This poem seems humble and unassuming, making the gentle power it possesses even grander. I've read a few your other poems too, and I promise I'll review them soon.
Evil Cheshire chapter 1 . 12/21/2004
Interesting. I liked it. It left me kinda confused but I think that's why I liked it. Good job.
this is britt chapter 1 . 12/21/2004
clarie! you posted! again! gah. I'm in love with your writing. you just keep getting better than I could ever be in five hundred lifetimes. greatness.
the world woke up without me chapter 1 . 12/19/2004
i really like this, of course. the last bit i think i like the best, but the bit about building things outta the cream (milk? forgive my englishness) recepticles kinda made me smile. everything you write makes me really sad in a pretty sorta way. i'm now melancholy and shit, ready to fall in love with a world completely incapable of loving me back. thanks a kidding. rock on, memory lover.