Reviews for American Disaster
Oringinal Lolly chapter 1 . 8/12/2005
so sad, yet so true! very beautifully written!

keep up the great work!
Jo Madden chapter 1 . 1/21/2005
I don't really believe that. Bush is not greedy. If you want to argue this opinon then read some of my stories. I think you'll find them interesting. And if u read them, remember to review.

Jo Madden
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 1/15/2005
Very true.

* Noelle O.O *
Chris Taylor chapter 1 . 1/2/2005
so very true. egypt fell, the romans fell, and so too will the empire of oil. it's sad, people used to be proud to be american, and now i'm findin people who feel ASHAMED by it. damn. sorry you live down there (and glad to see the pink hair wasnt permanent, changed name btw, and sorry bout not reviewin for a while)

Peace and Chicken Grease
whatshisface chapter 1 . 12/28/2004
"Ignorant citizens left in the darkDriven by fear and liesStop this warring madnessWhy do so many have to die?"

Excellent!
deletemyaccount2012 chapter 1 . 12/28/2004
Wow great poem, so true though.
International Enemy chapter 1 . 12/23/2004
the rhymes are pretty basic, this is a good point though, there is however (and unfortuantely) so much more that can be said about the subject. all that you have said has been said before, and like before, too vague and generic. add a bit of description to it, use what you know and learn what you don't know. give examples of where this mentality is prominent and utilized (and trust me there are many). srry for filling up all this space, i guess i'm just rambling now, toodles
tragicallynormal chapter 1 . 12/22/2004
Very controversial, but I'm impressed that you're not afraid to express your views. It's seriously an awesome poem.
tranCendenZ chapter 1 . 12/21/2004
This is pretty good, but I would change the last stanza except for the last line. It seems a bit weaker than your other ones.
holocaustpulp chapter 1 . 12/20/2004
I believe this poem was sort of inadequate in the beginning, as in it was too week and vague for the specific message you convey here. However, it did progress as it went along, and I agree with most of what you're saying. Nevertheless, the greedy few were elected by the naive many, so I can't say I agree with that as strongly as other points.
danielle oaks chapter 1 . 12/19/2004
too lazy to log in. nice poem with a nice ominous feel to it. and very true too. good job.
INTP chapter 1 . 12/19/2004
This is hyperbolic and unoriginal. Although I don't think any government is trustworthy or virtuous, it has been said over and over with these same words and (probably) the exact same rhyme scheme. Straightforward politics in poetry is just boring; telling in any form of writing is boring, except in the most academic of fields. Show, don't tell. Metaphor is poetry's best conveyor of meaning, IMO. So, especially in politics, being upfront and in-your-face isn't as effective as a story. Look at it this way: Harriet Beecher Stowe's earnest tale of the need for brotherhood and equality in _Uncle Tom's Cabin_ wasn't as effective as the irony of Twain's Huck Finn, who thought he was doing wrong by helping a black man gain his freedom.
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 1 . 12/19/2004
its good good, nice works!
Qu33n of Spades chapter 1 . 12/19/2004
You have a strong opinion, and you convey it well with this. I'm impressed. fabulous job. :)
MagzRL chapter 1 . 12/18/2004
Thank you!Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

I hate politics with a passion because of all the lies and secrets kept from the country. I applaud you for writing this.

Magz.