Reviews for Ubonics
idontwannapopuponsearchengines chapter 1 . 9/17/2007
Excuse you, but being ghetto has nothing to do with how you act or dress. It's WHERE YOU'RE FROM and HOW YOU LIVED YOUR LIFE. To talk about "ghetto" as if it was nothing more than just a teenage fad, you probably never set foot inside a ghetto in your life.

Look up Ghetto Life by Big Blue 83 and read it. THAT'S the ghetto right there.
Draco's-Demented-Assassin chapter 1 . 7/27/2006
lol, that is so true. Girlz can be ghetto as much as guys, because sometimes I have to admit Shanterria Laquisha Jackson is as "ghetto" as they go, thats me of course. I use the "n" word to my friends, all races, all the time. I speak ebonics, I have bad grammar, I'm from the South, I'm black, and I represent a large stereotypist of what "ghetto" is. Loud, somewhat ignorant. This poem was truthful, I should let my brother and boyfriend read this. They wear the baggy pants, use the n word more than I do, and don't study. My boyfriend is Mexican though, ... Anyway, good poem.
JOEY J-IDENTITY JR chapter 1 . 7/4/2006
GOOD CREATIVITY.
Hastatus Regulus chapter 1 . 8/25/2005
Um... Where to start. First off, I think you mean ebonics, which is a portmanteau of ebony and phonics. I do think you're missing a large aspect of what being "ghetto" is about. I don't know, its hard to describe. Yeah, its a stereotype, and we should be avoiding that, but just become someone doesn't break the mold of a stereotype isn't really a bad thing. Humans are, after all, a "joiner" by nature.

I believe you are incorrect about what you said regarding the low pants style. Yes, it was started in prison, but not show they were ready. It's because in prison you can't wear a belt (which makes it really stupid when people where there pants like that despite wearing a belt).

Basicly, what i'm trying to say is, you're missing the whole point of being ghetto. I don't know exactly right now. Maybe i'll figure it out later. Yes, I know allot of ghetto kids are stupid, but isn't that true of every stereotype? From your profile, it doesn't seem like you liked it when all goth kids got a bad reputation because of the Columbine massacare. You would be suprised how smart allot of ghetto kids are. Yes, knowledge is power. But getting bad grades doesn't mean someone is dumb or ignorant. Learning only what the government, or anyone for that matter, wants you to know is not wisedom. That is ignorance.

I completely agree with you, however, on what you say about pimps. They are truely some of the worst people on earth, atleast in my opinion. Sorry for the long review, and for reviewing one of your old poems, but I simply had to get this off my chest.
S.S.Harry chapter 1 . 4/23/2005
ha. I'm black myself and that was hilarious. Yes it is so annoying, then again I don't like the pretty n' pink crap either.

But man kids can be so ghetto. Girls were coming to school in their pyjamas, and not just pyjamas, I mean a pair of plaid boxers, a muscle shirt, and slippers. The school had to ban it for them to were normal clothes.

And school is like one big ass party for the ghetto kids. They spend the whole day selling cds for $5. And wear headphones in class listening to god knows what (well I did that too, but I was on strike.)

But you know it's aggravating.
CW-nerd-12 chapter 1 . 12/25/2004
You should try going to a magnet school ;) Yeah, I'd write something kind of like this, but I'd get lynched. Ha ha. Keep writin'!
Platinum Azure chapter 1 . 12/20/2004
Well said. And ouch, but that would hit home. I'm unfortunately too much of an outcast to be "ghetto" or otherwise, but I certainly find that annoying.
Lotus Bleu chapter 1 . 12/20/2004
i love the poem, and i completely agree.
I-Am-Me-Only-Me chapter 1 . 12/19/2004
wow. deep. very deep. another good one to add to the favs.
greenbanana chapter 1 . 12/19/2004
so true, so true! very rocking poem. I like the way you compare pimps to slaveowners.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 12/19/2004
its so true.. nice job..v ery satrical and awesome