Reviews for A Symbol for All the World to Overlook
Dendritus chapter 1 . 6/27/2005
Wow. I am not even Christian, and I really thought this was a great essay. I never thought of it that way before- nice idea! If you were really ambitious, I am sure you could turn this into a full-out thesis paper. )
pandaluv11 chapter 1 . 6/27/2005
That was rather enjoyable. lol, I completely agree with you. *nods*
Setsuna529 chapter 1 . 4/27/2005
I wasn't sure if I was going to read this all the way through, but when I read "I have found that many people who claim to be Christians are really not very good at it.", I had to see where you were going to take this. You make a lot of good points... also, I was interested by your comparison of God to Santa Claus... maybe you'd appreciate my short essay "The Truth About God and Santa Claus". Strange, how much you seem to think like I do...
Nikolomagne chapter 1 . 1/8/2005
*eyes bulge out of sockets* Woah... I NEVER thought of God himself as an actual symbol... damn you're good... you and I are on the same wavelength when it comes to this sorta stuff. The bible should be taken symbolically and metaphorically. I don't care how powerfull God is if he even does exist, the world wasn't created in six days of 24 hours. I don't think Jesus came back after being dead for 3 days. The bible should not be taken literally because the moment it is, problems are created and tensions mount between those who believe it literally and those who try to step back and take a more spiritual approach. Here's something I'd like to say to those blind believers: stop being forcefed this information and think for yourselves. Take a step back and just observe these things for a moment. Then you can believe whatever you want to believe. Take the red pill or the blue pill - it doesn't matter - just give yourself the chance to think outside the box - it isn't a sin to step outside the box for a little while and come back in. Remember, Jesus said that Heaven loves a sheep who strays but joins back with the flock later than a sheep who is always with the flock at all times. Just see agnostics and atheists as lost sheep waiting to be found again. Just because someone isn't religious doesn't mean they aren't spiritual - that to me is finding yourself and making your own flock. God smiles upon individuals because they stand out rather than assimilate and conform together. I'm not ragging on any religion or anything, I'm just saying, relax and loosen up on people who don't believe what you believe. Once you take things symbolically, the bible and world around you make much better sense, and you'll become so much happier and self proclaimed than ever before.

This was very well done. I really liked it and I'm adding it to my favorites. Doumo Arigatou Gozaimasu, Saru-chan. Sore wa tokuzetsu.

~Nico
Rach chapter 1 . 12/22/2004
HI!. even though I'm relious I say that there were some good points there it shows that you're thinking about things good for you!.

um you know I wonder if the religons who say they follow the bible really do at all take the trinity for example no where in the bible is there any mention of it and everyone gives you weird looks if you question it.

think about how silly it sounds one second there saying God is one and the next they are saying he is three in one and one second they say that Jesus is God's son and the next they say he is God MAKE UP YOUR MINDS!.

anyway good work on this essay I liked it.

see ya
Howmi Martin chapter 1 . 12/22/2004
First off, I don't care if you know, don't know, or whatever. You may have done this on purpose, or you may be ignorant. Here's what I'm talking about. The bible was written by many men. Jews, for a lot of the time. They wrote some books of the Bible while being imprisioned. Other books were written at other times. Yes, books. The Bible is a collection of books. Mattew, Mark, Luke and John, are all sepeate books in the Bible. In any case, this is NOT a religious rant. I just hate it when people get information like this compeleltly wrong. Next, maybe do some homework before you write about an actual subject.

Okay, information aside, your first sentence and your second/third sentences display a complele difference in level of litteracary value. That is, the first sounds like that of a 7th grader and the latter two, that of a Senior in high school. This is NOT good. Pick one or the other, and stick with it. Even if you go with the lower level of the two, it still sounds better. Trust me, my English professors really got after me about this. So in general, horrible work. :) No offence. The meaning is there, but everything else seems to forgot how to screw in a light bulb.
erasedcrap chapter 1 . 12/21/2004
A lot of problems with your theory. Most obviously...whether or not you believe the Bible, it is a historical fact that the old and new testament were written at different times and by many different authors. And while some people say some of the Bible is figurative, others say the entire thing should be , no matter what your opinion of Jesus is, it is a historical fact that he did your theory sounds nice but is way off historically despite what you think about the truth of the Bible.