Reviews for Alien Life: Possible?
Tiefling chapter 1 . 6/19/2005
Not bad.

'you see when scientist says 'life' they mean nothing but unicellular life, or bacteria.'

Er, no. Sometimes they mean that, sometimes they are referring to plant or animal life. It depends on the scientist and the context.

'humans really are just a bunch of clumsy, vulnerable, and weak species.'

We're not a bunch of species, we're just *one* species. But yes, compared with many other creatures we are clumsy, vulnerable and weak in many respects.

'How would they reach us? First of all, They'd need to be able to travel around, how else are they to get here? Then of course they'll use 'worm-holes' or 'warp-drive'. Or will they? There is no physical evidence whatsoever to suggest that these will actually work. There just is no proof!'

Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence. Yep, wormholes are a possibility (you don't need to put it in quotes as it is a real term). They do exist, and it may be possible to travel through them. Aliens wouldn't necessarily need faster than light travel to reach us, they could simply take a really long time (perhaps having started from their destination millions of years ago). They may also be able to travel through other means we haven't thought of. We just don't know.
chitoryu12 chapter 1 . 3/26/2005
While you say that there is no proof that aliens exist, there is no proof that they DON'T exist either. And aliens might be as smart as humans, if not smarter. Stop basing the knowledge of other life based on the knowledge of humans.
DathomiranSciFiAuthor chapter 1 . 3/20/2005
You thought this through very nicely. I like how it flows. Also like your writing style in here, simply stating the facts. Awesome job!
ta1nt3d1uv chapter 1 . 2/19/2005
"First of all, They'd need to be able to travel around, how else are they to get here?" They doesnt need to be capitalized

Totally agree. I don't think that foreign life-forms are here but I think they're somewhere out there. They must be.

:-)
Rina chapter 1 . 2/8/2005
Pretty good. It reminded me of a site called Exit Mundi and their article on aliens.
infamously-anonymous chapter 1 . 1/28/2005
Hmm... I believe that there is life out there, coz I just believe that there is. But the chances of THEM (when they may be mould off a banana that someone found it's way to a strange planet that cuold make a banana go mouldy) meeting US (Selfish people who have way too big egos) is minimal. So I like your essay, and agree with it essentially. Well done.
darkdragonfly chapter 1 . 1/20/2005
Wow...I never looked at it that way...Wait a moment while I beat up my friend...he told me aliens were already invading, and I believed him.

Thanks for reviewing my essay. I really appreciate it, and I totally agree with you...at least I wrote the stupid essay, unlike half my class.

Essay's aren't really something I do...but I might do more...if I get in the mood for it.

Very well written, very convincing, you gave your view in a clear way. And no spelling mistakes...good girl!
Carrollesque chapter 1 . 1/13/2005
Eloquent and informative, but I wish you would do more opinionated work.

Keep it up.
GoogleCorelli chapter 1 . 1/1/2005
haha I love the last line. this sounds as though it was very thought out, like something you'd considered before writing. awesome job!

thanks for reviewing my essay!

love fromGoogleCorelli
Wayward Ballerina chapter 1 . 12/31/2004
Well...I will agree with you that there are "aliens" out there and I also agree that most likely they are no smarter then us. But really there could be a possiblity that they are. If you believe in evolution then one would say a parson has evolved more then say a fish so there could be possiblity that there is something out there more evolved then human beings. If we still have bacteria roaming the earth today and the theroy of evolution is true then it is also true that different species evolve at different rates and in different ways.

Just something to think about but a well written and thought about essay.

Sarah. :)
gangster-dolly chapter 1 . 12/30/2004
Just to clarify things here; my essay hasn't got a direct point. This is merely a informative essay so you can take away from it what you wish. You decide what you'd like to believe.

gangster-dolly
Tiktokism chapter 1 . 12/30/2004
How very logical. Convincing, well-paced. Well done!
lotus coin chapter 1 . 12/29/2004
Indeed, perhaps the idea of aliens visiting Earth is only possible in our imaginations but what I can't understand is whether or not this essay is based on actual research or is it exclusively opinionated.
holocaustpulp chapter 1 . 12/29/2004
A very charismatic and fun essay, though I presume it could have been more authoritative. Nonethless, I believe your points are valid, and I also believe there is a high chance that aliens do in fact exist. Good job.
TheWolfEmperor chapter 1 . 12/28/2004
You really haven't answered any questions, at least not in a new way.

Plus, when referring to "intelligent" alien life, you should use the term extraterrestrial. Because as you stated in your own essay, when scientists refer to alien life currently, they are referring to single celled organisms.

"There just is no proof!"

Also, its extremely presumptuous to say that there is no current proof. Just because evidence has not been published does not mean that there is no evidence to begin with. Your statement is too assuming for a subject that has yet to be proven or disproven.

And finally, its not too clear what your goal is with the essay. Are you trying to disprove the idea of alien life? Are you trying to encourage people to consider the idea?