Reviews for Eine Katze dans la Cuisine
luv me like no other chapter 1 . 10/21/2007
very entertaining.
Oriel Vaughn chapter 1 . 6/16/2006
xD this is really good! The whole story is suffused with a delightful humour, and illustrates the problem of language differences really well! Ben's dramatic proclamation of 'The night is young' sounds like a line from Macbeth.

Thanks for the translations; I don't speak either French or German (only can understand a few common phrases here and there), but once I got the translations I understood everything perfectly. My favourite line, though, has got to be "You seelly Eenglish!" xD Your description of that moment, with the woman's faltering for a while, was just perfect, and captured the emotions insightfully. Great work!
Wing Chant chapter 1 . 12/6/2005
Hahaha, senseless, but oddly humorous. I too get frusterated with miscommunications. Psychotic cat killer, Ben seems to be. o_o; Oh well, tre bien!

Kayla
Plinky chapter 1 . 9/30/2005
Lol, v.v.v.v. ! I got the french, I'm so happy! (I don't like german. No. Hehe.) Very funny! Very random and non-sensical (You wouldn't believe the trouble I had spelling that!) keep writing!
Squidge VR6 chapter 1 . 8/25/2005
LOL! *cough* *cough* *hack* .. . .. . -clears throat- !*dies laughing*

That was SO funny! The poor cat!

Lucky 4 me i speak french and german, i always knew there was a reason... this is it! Hehehehehehehhehehehehe...

brilliant entertainment! LOVED IT!

*ghost floats away*
pneumothorax chapter 1 . 8/19/2005
A little random but hey, why not?
M L chapter 1 . 3/7/2005
lol, I like your humor. and the translations at the end.

"But he's small and cute.."
dragonfire-lina144 chapter 1 . 1/26/2005
Tee-hee. That was cute. Isn't it hilarious, the ridiculous confrontations that arise from situations such as this? Makes me glad I don't own a German pub...
whyt forest chapter 1 . 1/7/2005
je ne comprends pourquoi ils (put) le chat dans le four...mais c'est assez amusante...je suis desolee...i haven't practised french in a while...

whyt forest
rollymc123 chapter 1 . 1/6/2005
Wow, this was actually quite funny. I like the writing style - not so ridiculously descriptive that it sounds like you're being paid by the word, nor the boring 'he said-she said' simplicity.

One thing I really suggest is to lose the caps lock. It makes your work look very unprofessional, and without the capital letters, you can explore other ways of getting across volume.

Another minor thing is that the numbers that you put next to the italicized words didn't show up at the bottom of the page, but that's just technical.

I also notice you tend to change the sentence length at different times. You use it well to augment the suddenness of events and the depth of description, but sometimes you switch for no apparent reason. It chops up the work in an unnecessary way, with quick sentences breaking up long paragraphs. I don't think you should worry about that while writing, but while editing, it's something you can take a look at.

In general, I really enjoyed this piece, and I encourage you to keep writing!
amethystdawn chapter 1 . 12/29/2004
Hahahahahahahahahaha! Yes, it is incredibly funny the way people can't understand each other. Oh well. I just don't get the part though why the duo had to kill the cat and the lady suddenly became one of Charlie's Angels... Nevertheless, it's beautifully written and well-described.

P.S I want to thank you for your review of Nina, the doll-child. It's very much appreciated.