Reviews for Uska Lihaz, Caring For Her
blackoutroses chapter 1 . 3/31/2005
liked the lines:"palbhar jeetein hainharpal martein rehtey hain."- they work better in urdu, i don't think the english did as much justice. Beautiful idea, beuatiful words!
dancingintherain chapter 1 . 2/17/2005
aww...i love your formatting, and last line...this is very beautiful..you have TALENT...keep up the nice work!
Satya Kokala chapter 1 . 1/17/2005
The last stanza where you mean "you became incurable, but, caring for her is all that is left" leaves a lasting impression on the mind of the reader -characteristic of a true lover. Deserves all the appreciation.
sunscraped chapter 1 . 1/8/2005
That's quite teh interesting language, I've not heard of it before... And the last two stanzas are perfect. Oh, and thanks for the review (and I suppose you could call me anorexic...). And I understand what you mean by translating them could take away from the full meaning; I experienced that from reading japanese songs and then their translations...!
starbursts and YourLove chapter 1 . 1/6/2005
"I live for a moment Yet I die every moment I live." ... I love that! nice job once again!
Moon-Chaser chapter 1 . 1/6/2005
I love the last stanza, although I can't read Urdu or any other language I'm sure that the feelings can be interpreted no matter what and I love it.

Keep it up.
scudcrow chapter 1 . 1/5/2005
Additional meanings of "lihaz" my friend once sent in:

"'As you see, the word lehaaz represents a sense of showing respect (as also evidenced by the enjoining word izzat which is also means respect) to, showingcare for, looking after something or someone so mindfully and carefully that it does not get hurt or damaged (like in feelings); show due respect (as to an elder, or sacred object such as book, language, etc.).'"
Amethyst Eyed Cynical One chapter 1 . 1/5/2005
great poem.i would think lihaz would mean allowing something to a certain i think ur translation makes sense.
ossining chapter 1 . 1/4/2005
Very cool. I like the repeating lines.