Reviews for An Assassin’s Plea
Sky Pen chapter 1 . 4/16/2008
The poor assasin... who killed an angel.

That was really beautifully poetic. You have skills with words.
bR0k3N chapter 1 . 2/24/2007
Very expressed and full of imagery. I love it.
felicia13 chapter 1 . 10/29/2006
Quite sad. Really, it's an oxymoron. Personally, I wouldn't go as far as to pull the whole god thing into assassins. But, you know, it works here. I don't necessarily agree, but ... freedom of speech and all. Thank the Goddess for the First Amendment.

*cough* Back to the poem, it was lovely in its formatting and wording. Pretty awesome. Again, I maybe didn't agree with the message, but it was enjoyable. Go you!

Felicia.
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 11/24/2005
Wow, the last stanza hits pretty hard. Shows true emotion well. I think I'll read more.
Lellida chapter 1 . 7/27/2005
Very vivid and striking. I love how you describe the actions indirectly, like "A clatter, and steel lies,accusing, at my feet." Just a very nice poem, that tells a great story in its rhythms.
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 7/7/2005
I wrote a poem about an assasin long ago, always a thrilling perspective.
Chaotic Charisma chapter 1 . 6/27/2005
Before I review your poem, I have to say, I think you are my new hero. I love Robert Jordan, I don't know anyone who's seen Spirited Away (the anime? Right?) and I don't have much time but I love what your titles and summaries say. You seem to have a grip on reality. I will be back!

Okay, now about this Assassin poem. Very original, might I just say. I don't think I've read much like this before! "A sin that condemns me/ to a fate worse than yours." I like that. This person's fate is the sin that makes your fate worse than theirs, which was at your hand. Okay, so you said it better. I like the accusations of the blade too. Poor guilt-ridden killer. And, I love your ending. Repent yourself senseless, but you take the money. Sounds like an endless spiral if ever I heard one. Well done! And I think the imagry was very good.
Wylderaven chapter 1 . 6/25/2005
The title caught my eye. I have a story about an assassin that I've been working on for a while. The poem itself is beautiful. It makes me want to read more of your writings - which I plan on doing when I'm not as spent as I currently am. Well done - plan on hearing from me again soon. Thanks for the review.

-Wylderaven
godkincocolate chapter 1 . 6/12/2005
I like it...How do come up with these? What goes on in that mind of yours? haha
Halo and Wings chapter 1 . 5/27/2005
It's not dull; I liked it. A sad insight. Loved the description "destroyer" when talking to God.
Nova-Janna chapter 1 . 1/22/2005
It wasn't toodull, it had wonderful use of imagery, and you portrayed emotions perfectly, without getting overly dramatic. Wonderful job.
Claudio Sanchez chapter 1 . 1/6/2005
thanks for ur review on "as i lay dying"...and ur right, the rhyming was pretty enough about me. i thought that was pretty good. i was kind of hoping for a little more imagery, but its oki, the poem on its own was good enough without it.
UpsideDownAngel06 chapter 1 . 1/4/2005
Wasn't dull at all! I like how you described the whole "an angels image with red outspread wings" part. IT put a really strong image in my mind. A different one, true, but then, I think that's all to the good if I got more out of the poem than I usually do.