Reviews for Shadows Of Winter
Kolostramin chapter 8 . 8/13/2005
I'd have to say that this is one of the better pieces of fiction I've ever read. Not THE best, but very good. Rates an 7 out of ten on my scale, and not much gets that high. I like the way you gradually explain the world. Other's might call them 'extraneous vocalizations', but personally, I think it's a very effective tactic...much better than giving a huge history at the beginning.I've also read Partners in Arms, but I'm not sure how to review it at the moment. I'll do that in the next few writing!
Sean Taylor chapter 19 . 3/8/2005
So, whatever the sword's intentions, they are not related to the shadows, even more so is seems to be the weapon to destroy the shadows, but at what cost I wonder. I also am curious how the dreams of the warrior and the witch are tied with Galvard's encounters with the creatures. Are they memories, or are from him entering the dreamworld itself? Time will tell, keep up the good work mellon nin.
Uncle-Al2 chapter 19 . 3/7/2005
The fight scene was very well done, but why didn't he use the good sword to begin with? I assume that the circle of dead bodies is being used to 'power' the shadows, to make them more formidable and their area affect greater. Is this correct?The young girl interrogating the bard is a marvelous creation. Please continue this venue!Marvelous pacing and character revisiting. I especiall liked the way you handled Iria. Thanks for sharing!
Sean Taylor chapter 18 . 3/1/2005
Excellent chapter. The different paths are merging, and the fate of Galvard and Alshana are growing steadily closer. They seem to both be linking to the scrolls, and the darkness, but in what way I do not know. At least they've proved that the shadows can be defeated, but at what cost, I wonder.
Sean Taylor chapter 17 . 2/27/2005
I wonder to what purpose the body were laid in that fashion for, to increase the power of the Shadows perhaps? Will deffinately wait to see what happens next.

I also still wonder if Galvard's sword will lead him to salvation or ruin, it's somewhere between that right now, seeming neither evil or good.
Ryukoji chapter 16 . 2/22/2005
Hiay!

Whats up? Man i havent rteviewed in a wehile! but i kinda got the weird everyone being hearde to one part thing.. interesting! yay!

Kiwi-
Sean Taylor chapter 16 . 2/22/2005
It is interesting that Alshana feels that she is being used like a chess piece, I wonder if the survivors are being driven to the fortress in order to round them up. Also curious is the story about the sword, I wonder if the shadows are related to the women of that family line... oh well, speculations, speculations.. until the next update.
StarRise chapter 16 . 2/22/2005
Things are really picking up. I await the next chapter. Hopefully my work schedule will slow down (not likely) or school will slow down (hey, I can dream, right?) and it won't take me quite so long to review.
StarRise chapter 13 . 2/22/2005
This chapter was both fascinating and amusing. As you reveal more facets of Alshanas character I am led to wonder more about WHO she is and what her past holds. The way she handled the merchant revealed a side of her not previously seen.
StarRise chapter 12 . 2/22/2005
I don't know how many times I can say "great chapter" before it gets old, but I'm afraid that it is all I really have to offer at the moment. I liked the way you comunicated the way that she felt about she did and what she felt she had to do. They really made her come alive and seem human.
StarRise chapter 11 . 2/22/2005
"Bloodly cloud"... I can't say that that is a description that I have heard before, at least not in the this context. I kind of had to stop and think about it for a moment.

Did you mean "stone warrior soldier" or "stone warrior's shoulder"?

Switching between one scene and another is nice. It breaks up the story a bit and makes thing a little more intersting, but is there some way that you can signal when you're changing scenes? It might make things a little less confusing.

Overall a great chapter though.
StarRise chapter 10 . 2/22/2005
I have a little trouble envisioning what happened to the wagon and the horses. I can't see how how a blow sharp enough to do that much damage would leave everyone else on the wagon relatively unhurt.

But enough of that. The fox is really an interesting character. You brought him to life and gave him a vivid personality very quickly. I like it. And once again I must apologize for taking this long to review. I've had a lot on my plate recently.
Uncle-Al2 chapter 16 . 2/21/2005
Another good chapter. I like how you're bringing numerous POVs forward, but not jumping all over the place. Still puzzled by the apparent power of the chaos creatures (shadows). Seems to me that they are almost too the caravans are all being intercepted by the shadows, how is the message to her fellow dreamers going to get through? I really like the Iria character. Hopefully she'll grow into a more contributing member of the cast. Again, thanks for sharing!
SnoDragon chapter 15 . 2/14/2005
Ooh, good! How will Alshana defeat the shadow-things? Nice explanation for why Foxenfal and the others in the Dreamlands are helpless. Also good as to where the shadows come from. Well done.

~ Sno ~
Sean Taylor chapter 15 . 2/13/2005
The darkness has finally come, the fate of the world is now in the hands of Alshana. She must find a way to destroy the scrolls or they very well may take over her mind. Until the next update.
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »