Reviews for flowers
Isca chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
That was excellent! I loved the metaphor of the rose being 'squashed.' It symbolizes growing up, and losing our innocence somewhere along the way.
White is a Sin chapter 1 . 7/10/2006
Thanks for the partial flame. It's nice when ppl tell the truth.

The first thing i thought when i read this poem was 'I don't like it'

I'm not retaliating with the partial flame i got that's just what i thought. But i will read something else and see what i thinkBYE
method acting chapter 1 . 2/22/2006
I think the title, author, and date really put me off for this one. Along with the spelling error in the next to last line. See, this piece by itself on any other surface is just okay. I mean, the imagery is fine, and all of that...but in this piece you had to opportunity to make it look graceful. To have it centered with those italics and all of that...it would have been beautiful. Now, it just seems as though that was wasted. Now, this is a great piece, don't get me wrong. I just think it could have been more. Another interesting point, you put this under Spitiual. I'm not sure if that was random, or if that holds a heavy point. Hm. Intersting. I think I'll go read some of your other works. I personally hate it when people read my first piece and leave it at that. Though I do like to get an idea of where people are coming from. Anyways, lovely.
breezy nostrils chapter 1 . 2/14/2006
i think you meant "squashed" but the poem itself is short, but says a lot in that short time frame. i have a feeling this isn't actually your first poem tho. nice work!
finger on the trigger chapter 1 . 2/12/2006
whoa. this surprised me w/it's straight-to-the-point context. "only to be squashed by a careless foot" couldn't help it, i had to smile at that one.
Aquafied chapter 1 . 12/24/2005
i dont know why this reminds me of licorice, but it does.

kind of like gathering things all together just to be crushed in the end.
kit feral chapter 1 . 11/11/2005
Oh, what a sad ending! I love it, though. It's really easy to love it, if that makes any sense. I just like the way it's written- like all of your work, really.
Romance and Humor Fanatic chapter 1 . 10/15/2005
ok man. i have 2 things to say. first, you might want to know how many times i heard that one. about 10. second, you have got to learn how tto write fiction stories, you have too many poems. i guess your name came from that. oh, well. talk l8r!
shinco chapter 1 . 6/6/2005
Oh, wow, this seemed like it was gonna be a happy poem, but then it turned dark right at the end! Yikes! I wanted that flower to stay alive and grow and grow! Wow, this just inspired me to write a poem about flowers! AH! YAY! lol IT WON'T DIE! It'll bloom in all its glory and become even more beautiful and graceful than a rose!... Oh... I made IMAGERY! More graceful than a rose! YAY! You're rubbing off on me! He, he! _
Raya Dronaile chapter 1 . 1/27/2005
beautiful and tragic. wonderful poem!
Manuel Fajar chapter 1 . 1/22/2005
Trampled, discarded,

Dandelion seed in crack,

Concrete,—yellow bud.
katmonkey chapter 1 . 1/20/2005
Amazing imagery throughout. The last two lines are unexpected.
KonekOniko chapter 1 . 1/16/2005
I didn't expect an idiot to walk into this poem...beautiful metaphor used. As always: sad, but beautiful. Major props for making it short but sweet (or should I say sour? P) Heh, kudos, keep writing!

Sumi-chan
obsidian katana chapter 1 . 1/15/2005
nice... i like this, interesting twisted ending. i love how this flows from aesthetic vivid imagery to a sort of macabre end. keep writing.
Anjeni Windsinger chapter 1 . 1/13/2005
Stupid foot.

Again, very pretty words. The images are very clear, and you even managed to capture a bit of sound in this. Great write, I really like it.