Reviews for A Mother's Touch
Kaybookworm chapter 3 . 10/10/2008
What? Is it done already? Could you at least give it an Epiloque so we can see how she reacted or even pretend this was your proloque and start a story of Elizabeth's or her mother's life? lol. I really do enjoy the stories of yours that I've read and think that you could totally put a great story on top of this. Maybe even publish it, becuase it would be so good, and people like stories built on top of history and people in it.

Now just becuase I'm going on with this does not mean that you HAVE to really do anything I say. They're just hopes in my mind. That I tend to share so rudely, lol. Well good job!
AriMarie87 chapter 3 . 6/18/2008
It was okay, the beginning was very well written and held my attention. Once you got to the letters though it got extremely boring. Also you spelled Queen wrong almost throughout the entire story. If you continue to write about Henry VI I would advise you to stay away from the letter format and focus on the actual story style at the beginning. Okay job though.
Caritas Christi chapter 3 . 3/27/2008
Beautiful story told through such exquisite prose. Philippa Gregory would be envious of your writing. Keep it up and do update soon!
Hopeless03 chapter 3 . 1/6/2008
I love the way you portrayed Anna Regina. It is the way I imagine her emotions to be. (I guess I'm still caught up in the Henry Percy and Anne romance).
fanta-esque chapter 3 . 8/4/2007
Wow! that was beautifully written and I think you captured Anne's emotions perfectly, congrats!
Historical Me chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
I like the description in the chapter. *I'm trying to say Henry the Eighth, but it won't let me use three roman numerals.

I apologise for these reviews but I had to correct the mistake.
Historical Me chapter 3 . 9/15/2006
Oh, that was a sweet letter.

And argh! That was supposed to be Henry VI! Stupid keyboard.

I thought that the last full sentence was very poignant.
Agnes Carr chapter 3 . 8/25/2006
Your story was well-written and enjoyable to read. However, you didn't write completely like a woman living in Tudor times, you kept slipping in and out of a Tudor way of speaking and a modern way of speaking, which spoiled the effect a that said, it WAS well-written and I enjoyed reading it.
Lulian chapter 2 . 7/22/2006
these are really interesting...hm... elizabeth never married, did she?

gosh, this brought tears to my eyes...
The Wordsmith chapter 1 . 6/9/2006
A fascinating little glimpse into the life of the second of Henry's six wives. I'm reading a novel on Elizabeth now, and I must say, you've portrayed her very acurately. As something of a fan of Elizabeth myself, I also have to applaud you on the amount of background information you put into this story. It is truly a credit to your work. Excellent job!
Musyka chapter 2 . 6/7/2006
Lovely. Your description gave me a wonderful picture in my head of the court she kept and the kind of person she was. I have two criticisms to give:

In chapter 1, you listed her father as Henry VII. It's a typo I myself make, but some people might not know any better, so it should be fixed asap.

You signed the letters "quene," which is fine, but any time you wrote the word into the actual letter, you spelled it "queen." Pick one spelling and stick with it.

Other than that, lovely. Well researched.
Historical Me chapter 2 . 6/7/2006
This is really great. Full of accurate historical detail and still a good story! Wow.

I only noticed one mistake and that was in Chapter 1."Her father, the glorious King Henry VII, was dead and gone". Elizabeth's father was Henry VI which I'm sure you know so I thought it was probably just a typo. :)

Update soonHistorical Me
FreezingFire chapter 1 . 5/5/2006
Yay! More Tudor tales! Excellent mixture of precisely correct historical facts and good writing. Please update soon!
La Gitane chapter 1 . 9/29/2005
Oh, you know your history! How wonderful...

This was exactly what I was looking for - a mixture of history and good writing - too often you find only or the other, and sometimes not even that!

But this story does offer an awful lot. I love the voice in this - it's ringing very true to the times without being archaic, and it's both light and measured. Your opening and general introduction really set the scene well, and Anne's letter was great - I love that you spelt queen as you did. It just struck happy notes. :)

I know you put this singly chapter up many months ago. But can I persuade you to update? Please? Pretty please with rakish Tudor men on the top?

Janelle chapter 1 . 5/7/2005
Brilliant! Absoloutley brilliant! You portrayed Anne Boleyn just as I imagined her to be. I can't wait for the next chapter!