Reviews for Petals
Sylvara chapter 4 . 4/20/2009
I think... yes that is it. You're my new hero.

Adoration will settle from nine'o clock to to half past six. Whorshipping rants will be chanted during the last fifteen minutes each days, minus the sudays...

Most seriously, I think I learnt some things thank to your hand here. Some in writing, some on the ways of life. I land and quite much richer than I came. Thank you.
Sylvara chapter 14 . 4/20/2009
“You asked him before you asked me?”

Sensing danger, Adrian took a small step back. “In all fairness, that’s usually how it works.”

That one had me grining sillingly for a good time.

I like the way you toy with clichéd culturals anachronisms. *love*
Sylvara chapter 18 . 4/20/2009
Well, that conclusion was too artificial for me. The last scene with a new infatuated girl was ... interesting but so bland, easy, predictable. I'm a little little little even si little disappointed by the ending. But nothing can be intirly perfect so, it doesn't really matter.

I'm just kidding you, don't bother with that.

Regarding Lorrain's story, if I can suggest something, it would be to left the tile without the "Ma" since "mademoiselle", in French, mean milady, and "My milady" feels a little odd.

I'm done harassing you, you can now rest in peace. Not that I mean as in funerals, but, ah well, I'm sure you get the accurate idea yourself. (Why yes, I felt like saying somehting smart before leaving.)

Ok, farewell mademoiselle bizarre...
Sylvara chapter 17 . 4/20/2009
Maybe the Ilove you final was necessary you know...

I don't know it doesn't feel accurate, neither true. It's jsut old and classic. Beside, Maybe Adrian is, but I hardly think Annabelle to be truly in love...

Anyway,

I will sure go and read the story on Melanie and Lorraine ! I love them already !

Oh, but I could read and read on about Annabelle. All because of the stragne personality you flancked her with. :) She's so chilidish, yet, it a sort of lovely way, and-and, I loved her antics... I guess I am already nostalic.
Sylvara chapter 16 . 4/20/2009
I'm glad there was nothing too dramating as of a kidnapping ar agression, it ... just wouldn't have done it.

Instead, with a light and colorful tune, you serve us wonderlful and deep characters on a gentle bouncing pace that I will really miss once this is finished.
Sylvara chapter 15 . 4/20/2009
That passage from chapter 14 : "The male mind views matters rather simply. (...) ‘I’m sorry’ are all that is needed to worm one’s way back into a lady’s favour."

and "Five minutes and two buckets of tears later, she was being helped into green satin gown." this one, and many others I don't remember,refreshed me quite much. Your sens of humor itself recommends your pen.

I'll sure check for you others works after this one.
Sylvara chapter 12 . 4/20/2009
I couldn't think that the moment would come so naturally yet it has. Congratulation for you work on this.
Sylvara chapter 7 . 4/19/2009
I'm confused with something.

Adrian invites Jack asking him if he hungry, then check the bouquet in his mother's book, then directly send the boy away with a note.

...

Was he too frustrated to mind his manner and remember his poposition ? Or does he just not care ? Was that intended ?

_

Wonderful characters, plot, style, poetry.

As ever.
KRahman chapter 18 . 4/18/2009
a simply beautiful ending to an equally simple and beautiful story.
Sylvara chapter 1 . 4/17/2009
A great beguining for a story that I already love.
VanStede chapter 18 . 4/17/2009
I stumbled upon your story quit unexpectedly. The first chapter surprised me. I then read the second, and before I was aware of what I was doing, I was reading the whole story (and ended up finishing it at one or two in the morning :P)

The idea of them corresponding by flower language was really good (never read anything like that before, which was great), and I really enjoyed your style (don't really know if that word works the same way in English... well, I guess you'll understand me anyway)

I was just wondering if you hadn't had any problems with the flower language in itself, for having tried to use it myself in one of my texts, I sometimes found two or three totally different meanings for one flower, leaving me unsure of which to pick...

Anyway, I'll stop babbling. "Petals" was great, and I'll happily read your other works (Sorry if my English is messy... ")
deltaphi chapter 18 . 4/10/2009
i simply love this story

its romantic, light... everything that makes a perfect romance
Klebs chapter 18 . 4/9/2009
Aw- this is the most sweetest story i've ever read-

it kept me up till 2am but it was worth it lol

I love the ending. Amazing!
goldenspork chapter 18 . 4/4/2009
This was really clever. I never would have come up with an idea like this, and all the characters were likable. Jack almost seemed a little cliche to me, but the whole story was very entertaining. :)
kaw97 chapter 18 . 3/20/2009
This was a completely charming and entertaining story! Very original and imaginative! (And informative - with the meanings of the flowers) It could use a little editing, and I think it could be published in print since it is such an original idea. I really liked the story and wouldn't change it, but I was wondering near the beginning if you were going to do a "You've Got Mail" kind of relationship - where they get to know each other in person and in secret simultaneously and at the end he is wishing for Annabelle to be the one. Anyway, it was wonderful the way it was written!

Keep writing!