Reviews for Petals
Sarina E. Lee chapter 18 . 4/18/2010
Oh, that was so sweet. I absolutely adored the story. I adored the simplicity, and the romance of it all. I've always adored flowers and loved how they had their own meanings, but I had never really gotten around to learning their meanings and such, and it was a delight to discover your story. The courtship was absolutely thrilling. I love how the girl took the initiative, and how quickly Adrian became interested. He seems like such a sweet boy, Annabelle is lucky in that her dreams came true. Even if she decided to be a little difficult about it. Poor Adrian, enduring all that, but he persevered to the end. I love the whole flower theme and the historical setting. Thank you for sharing your lovely story. It was a delight to read, and I'm definitely keeping it saved to read when bored or in need of a good read.
abbiexcx1990x chapter 18 . 4/15/2010
Aw. This was such a sweet story.

I loved it,

Rosalie
Chocorange888 chapter 18 . 4/15/2010
This is entirely too cute! You are responsible for me being a puddle on the floor some where. There isn't a lot of depth in this, but I don't really think that this is the aim of the story (correct me if I'm wrong). Thank you.
Aradia Cloud chapter 14 . 4/14/2010
Annabelle is acting like an idiot. Just ADMIT that she loves him and marry him, for god's sake
Aradia Cloud chapter 11 . 4/14/2010
Hee hee... Go Melanie.
Aradia Cloud chapter 3 . 4/14/2010
"Ye bleedin' sod,"

lol. Love that line.
silverandbone chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
Woow! This whole thing is just amazing! I wish I could finish something - never mind something half as good as this :) Thanks for the great read.
Thundaga.blitz chapter 18 . 2/27/2010
I...love it. This story was absolutely beautiful with all the flower meanings. I have a new found appreciation for flowers now. :)
xodizzyxo chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
First, I really liked your story. It was cute, and everyone likes a happily ever after, right? Moving on, though. Near the end, after Adrian knew who Annabelle was, that was kind of angst-y. I mean, yeah, I don't expect them to just get along and everything, but I think it was very dramatic in that they

kept making amends and then ticking each other off, and repeat. I do think it was really creative, though, to have them send each other 'hidden' messages through flowers. That must have taken a while to research, but the effort really pays off in the end. Clearly. Anyway, it was really good, and I can't wait to read more of your stuff :)
Georgia chapter 18 . 1/28/2010
This was such a great story! You are a fantastic writer, now I'm off to look for some more of your wonderful stories. Thank you for keeping me entertained during the holidays!
AnaKish02 chapter 18 . 1/20/2010
this story was absolutely adorable...i usually dont like historical stories, but this story was to good to hate. i'm so glad their together and i cant beleive all those flowers actually have meanings behind them. Most i know about flowers are roses and daisies. Wonderful story :)
Anonymously Yours chapter 18 . 1/8/2010
A very satisfying ending :D The flower idea is very cute - I can't believe that they actually have so many meanings! A very sweet story and lovely writing. Looking forward to reading more from you :)
Juliet chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
Hello there! Your story got nominated a couple of times for my site, A Drop of Romeo, so I decided to read it. And now it's on the site. Congrats, and here's your loving review:

It's a very sweet love story-and the idea of communicating with flowers is so adorable. I often reread and reread this one. It's so cute and it makes one want to swoon...Adrian, the male protagonist, is the romantic guy everyone wants. He sends flowers to the girl he loves, looking up the meaning and such.

XOXO,

Juliet

(ADoR)
BlankPage chapter 18 . 12/29/2009
To be honest I have read this story already, but I have just finished readint it the second time and it still amazes me! I love the whole flower concept! It's so sweet! Ironically, that's how I want my love life to be even before i read your story! It's so romantic how he would go through all that trouble to always send her flowers and look up the meaning! I especially love how he proposed! It's so wonderful! I love your story and you should write more stories in the nineteenth century or something. It's truly better than the stories that take in the twenty-first century.
Artume chapter 18 . 12/27/2009
I love this story! I've read it two times, and it has got me very interested in flowers and their meanings. :) There were no spelling or grammar mistakes, and the plot flowed smoothly. Nicely rounded off piece of work, well done! :D
922 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »