Reviews for Petals
R. Ficst chapter 3 . 1/14/2013
I'm back for a re-read :)

ohhh Jack. He is so awesome.
HeadOverHeelsInHate chapter 18 . 12/14/2012
Ooo! Awesome story! I love all the flower meanings.
TamikaT chapter 18 . 10/19/2012
Aww, I loved this story! Very refreshing and different. Beautiful proposal on Adrian's part, so romantic and attentive. Jack is just the best all around. Excellent story! Please keep writing.
absentmindedprofessor chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
Aww! This has got to be one of the most engaging opening chapters I've ever read in a story. You've got a feisty nonconformist for a heroine - which I really love - an adorable kid sidekick, and a classically romantic gentleman as her suitor. And the entire thing takes place far back in history, which makes it even better! (Please excuse spelling mistakes, I'm typing on my phone) Gorgeously written beginning, especially Annabelle's recitation of what would happen if Adrian didn't know who she was... it was hilarious! Love this story so much already! :D
Pseudonym59 chapter 11 . 8/25/2012
Ahaha, I love this story. :) Its so original and witty. :) I also really like Melanie. She's a nice older sister.
ooglemac chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
love it.
penndag chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
This story is absolutely awesome and literally the best thing ever since spray-able cheese!

Siriusly!

Penn
InkWitch chapter 3 . 7/7/2012
HAHA ya bleedin' sod. You crack me up.
Though the details are lacking, I'm starting to like this story. It's an interesting idea. Let's see where it goes.
InkWitch chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
It's an interesting idea, definitely, but I would've liked it to be slightly better written. It was rather stilted and not very descriptive.
Le Tigre chapter 18 . 7/1/2012
Hey, this story has been re-reviewed for the A Drop of Romeo Historical romance archive!

In Petals, Danielle Night whisks us away to the gossiping ladies and dashing gentlemen of Regency London and tells the story of Annabelle Bradford, a young girl enamoured with a man she dare not approach – Adrian Morey, the Earl of Dunlap.

Annabelle has a great knowledge of flowers, understanding their various meanings, and so, against propriety, sends a bouquet of bluebottles to Adrian to show her timid admirations, unintentionally starting a correspondence through her rough stable hand Jack and many, many flowers. In the meantime Adrian is under pressure from his father to marry, and not captivated by any of the young ladies London society has to offer so far, begins a desperate (and, at times, rather amusing) search to find the Lady.

Petals is a well paced, easy read and the writing is nearly flawless. Danielle Night gives us an idyllic snapshot of society, supported by a vibrant cast of characters. Adrian is everything a gentlemen should be – handsome and benign – whilst Annabelle is a shy, likable young woman who often reacts childishly in situations (making you want to strangle her through your screen), but her insecurity is a trait many can relate to. Overall, Petals is a sweet and charming story that should be considered a classic upon Fictionpress.
The Quotidian Life chapter 18 . 6/30/2012
I love it. It really is a great story and is very well written. I found it interesting how you used the idea of flowers and the meaning underpinning them.

Amazing.
wilhelmiina2 chapter 17 . 5/22/2012
Awwww.. So sweet sugary and so romantic, yet not disgustingly so.
Alanisaur chapter 18 . 5/4/2012
This will forvever be one of my favorite stories on fp :)
twibbit chapter 18 . 5/2/2012
crystal cry chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
.. This is a kinda cute story .. A bit frustrating near the end but all the while an enjoyable piece ! definitely worth my time ..

Thanks for the story !