Reviews for Petals
C. Tattiana H-H chapter 13 . 2/14/2012
"Damn you, Adrian Morey," she hissed.

-I always feel it's inapporpriate when she calls him by her first name. If this is set in the 1800's, she wouldn't address him by his first name directly and probably not in her thoughts or to Jack.
C. Tattiana H-H chapter 7 . 2/14/2012
the earl had claim

-Edit: "earl" should be "Earl" since you're using it as a pronoun. If you go back and edit this story, look for this in previous chapters too, since I've seen it pop up now and again. :)

Also, try using "said" more often than "she whispered, she cried, et cetera." It's less distracting and you could use that opportunity to describe each character's body language instead of attaching a weak tag.

I haven't reviewed in a while so forgive me for such little feedback. I'm truly enjoying this story. Just thought I'd toss in a few grammar edits. Hope you don't mind.
C. Tattiana H-H chapter 6 . 2/14/2012
"Start at the beginning, Annabelle, and pray to the heavens above that I won't advise your parents to send you to live in solitude for the rest of your life, when you're done."

-I feel like this is a strange thing for Lorraine to say since you mentioned earlier that Lorraine sneaks out at night to watch cockfights and whatnot. She seems like an outgoing, headstrong woman so that line of dialogue surprised me.

Also, I think it would help if you introduced Lorraine's character earlier since we had no idea who she was prior and it made things momentarily confusing.

Really interesting story, though. Highly engaging and I love the creative correspondence between the two. You've definitely added a unique spin to the romance genre on FP.
Cleao girl chapter 18 . 2/7/2012
Awesome story
delight.full chapter 18 . 1/5/2012
I absolutely adore how you've used the basis of flower meanings for this story. And the proposal could not have been more romantic. Genuine characters and unique story line. Thanks for sharing!
Exsomnis chapter 18 . 1/4/2012
Very enjoyable.
mysterygirl124 chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
I love this story as I'm reading it, hooked! It is very detailed in description.
waitingForRand chapter 18 . 12/7/2011
Awww... sweet.. :)
Ardina Falconhurst chapter 18 . 12/3/2011
I absolutely loved this story of yours! :) It was wonderful! I read it all in one sitting (ssssh, don't let them know I'm not studying (; ) and it was great! I loved the whole idea of it - sending messages that are all secret to anyone else, and with flowers non-the-less. It was romantic but not cheesy, which is wonderful, and it was beautifully described. Jack was adorable, though sometimes I felt the way he talked was a bit old for his age, but he was great! Adrian was a dream, I loved how he got angry and was earnestly looking for his mysterious Lady. Annabelle was pleasantly amusing and I could see so much of myself in her.

You're a wonderful writer! I do hope to read more of your work and perhaps one day see some of it published and selling in a bookstore! The best of luck to you!

Pepper

P.S. The ending of the epilogue was really good, it drifting off to another girl counting out the petals of a flower. Lovely. Also the innocent little ending of their marriage being one of love so they're expected to wander off from the festivities...I feel like when I get married someday I'm going to completely forget about it until my husband's like "Ok honey, lets go." And I'll be like, "Go? But everyone's just started having fun, why should we leav..." *eyes go big* "Oh, yes...let's leave then."
deadkitty1 chapter 18 . 10/7/2011
I've fallen in love with the old British setting, the characters, and your new of of telling a love story through flowers. It was very cute and easy to read. I love that even though she got what she wanted, which was a proposal from Adrian, that she refused and through that she learned to love him.

I learned a lot about flowers from this story and ended up looking up each image of the flower mention to see what they look like. Some flowers looked the same as others though even if they had different names. But it's cool! I'm not an expert on flowers. :D I really love this story! At least for now, until I read through the rest.
tchingtchong chapter 18 . 10/5/2011
Oh, what a lovely story ! It's really sweet and refreshing !

Thank you for sharing your story with us ! :)
linnea7 chapter 18 . 9/24/2011
What an innocently sweet story! I like the last line "In a nearby village, a young girl sat in her garden, plucking petals from a flower. "He loves me. He loves me not. He loves me…"" It seems to suggest that the same story might happen somewhere else and brings a sense of continuation to the ending of this story. Thanks!
queens love stable boys chapter 18 . 9/2/2011
This was lovely and original. Brilliant work
Yeasayer chapter 18 . 9/1/2011
Hi! I really enjoyed reading this story and thought it was absolutely wonderful! Great job! Also, what did you use to find all the meanings of the flowers? Did you use a website? If you could write back, that would be great! Thank you!
Rosedreamer101 chapter 18 . 9/1/2011
Adorable :) a little fast but adorable. it would had been a goo idea to have adrian fall in love with annabelle before he knew the flowers were from her :D LOL
877 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »