Reviews for Petals
Rosedreamer101 chapter 18 . 9/1/2011
Adorable :) a little fast but adorable. it would had been a goo idea to have adrian fall in love with annabelle before he knew the flowers were from her :D LOL
Dancing In A Flowerfield chapter 18 . 8/22/2011
This is seriously one of my favorite stories. Its original, well written, and absolutely adorable! I loved how you had the conversations with the flowers. I never knew that they could have so many different meanings! I loved the story and characters, but Jack is probably my favorite he reminds me a lot of one of my best friends :)

Lily S.
MyShadowWalksBesideMe chapter 18 . 7/11/2011
Cute. Cute. Cute. I am so in love with this story, with the whole world you've created in Regency England. You're amazing! Keep writing, please!
MyShadowWalksBesideMe chapter 17 . 7/11/2011
Gah! So romantic! I loved his proposal so much! So cute so cute so cute! Oh I love this story!
MyShadowWalksBesideMe chapter 16 . 7/11/2011
"Surprise me."

Yay!

Also, I think it's adorable that Adrian's friends set him up. It's so adorable.

"I truly do believe they belong in Bedlam. In fact, I'm going to try and have them committed as soon as we get you home." Makes me grin every time.
MyShadowWalksBesideMe chapter 15 . 7/10/2011
Oh nooo! Annabelle's adventure has gone consistently awry since the very beginning! I'm afraid it will spoil her taste for escapades. No wonder she prefers puttering around the garden, I think she might be genetically inclined to botch anything more perilous. I love her.
MyShadowWalksBesideMe chapter 14 . 7/10/2011
And angry Annabelle makes another appearance! This time, though, I think she's being just a bit irrational, because it is traditional and honorable to ask the father first. My brother-in-law came and took my parents out together a full three months before proposing to my sister. He explained exactly how he was going to budget his salary to take care of her. Spreadsheets were involved.

Anyway. Poor Adrian, getting thrown out of the house! Sad sad. Annabelle is perhaps going overboard with her new assertive side here. Oh well. Necessary bumps on the road to balance. But she does raise a valid point about avoiding Adeline. This is not my favorite chapter, just because I don't like seeing them on the outs, even though I know they're getting a happy ending.
MyShadowWalksBesideMe chapter 13 . 7/10/2011
Ooh, angry Annabelle.

I was cringing the entire time, hoping that she would give him the chance to explain and all would be well again immediately, but I admit that this is more logical, and makes for a better story. And the buckbean! Nice touch.

By the way, you've spoiled me for almost all romance. I know that probably no boy I ever date will know the specifically poetic meanings of flowers, but I can't help wishing for one that does! Maybe I'll have to marry a horticulturist ... an anthropological horticulturist ...
MyShadowWalksBesideMe chapter 12 . 7/10/2011
Ooh, I love this chapter! It's so sweet the way he refuses to believe that she's not the one for him.
MyShadowWalksBesideMe chapter 11 . 7/10/2011
Oh my goodness I love it when Melanie 'hints'! He finally gets it! Love, love, love, love, love.
MyShadowWalksBesideMe chapter 10 . 7/10/2011
None of the websites I've found have such beautiful meanings. And I love Jack being saucy when Adrian is questioning him!
MyShadowWalksBesideMe chapter 9 . 7/10/2011
I adore James. Absolutely adore him. He is so wonderful. I was sincerely hoping that James and Melanie would get more than just Ruination, as I love him so much, but that's alright. And the way Adrian analyzes everything Beatrice Millard says, trying to figure out if she's the lady! And the yellow carnations comment! Love, love, love. Then, too, the way Annabelle sends cards with the names of her 'rivals' along with her messages, just to make it absolutely clear that she's NOT HAPPY with what he is doing. Oh, I adore this story.
MyShadowWalksBesideMe chapter 8 . 7/10/2011
I absolutely adore that Annabelle uses flowers to convey sarcasm. Glee. There was unmitigated glee going on. And when Jack takes his sweet time, just to make Adrian sweat a little - unmitigated glee, again. I can't say enough good things about this story. Being an absolute history geek myself, the little things you put in about etiquette and fashion and things just make me SO HAPPY.
MyShadowWalksBesideMe chapter 7 . 7/10/2011
Oh goodness Adeline Thurston annoys me! She's one of those characters you love to hate, like Carlotta in The Phantom of the Opera (the musical, not the book, which I have not read. It is my assigned reading this summer though! And I did feel sorry for Carlotta when Piangi got whacked. So sad). Anyway. Parenthetical tangents aside, the Earl's deadline is closing in! It reminds me of Ever After, the Cinderella movie with Drew Barrymore. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. Danielle, the protagonist, reminds me somewhat of Lorraine now that I think about it. The film is available for instant-watch on Netflix, if that makes things easier for you. And Adrian's frustration is endearing. So cute! I love it.
MyShadowWalksBesideMe chapter 6 . 7/10/2011
It drove me crazy wondering what the note said, the first time I read this, and when I did find out I burst out laughing. I was in the living room with my entire family, fiddling on the computer, and they all looked at me like I'd gone completely insane. The memory still makes me giggle, and every time I read this chapter I grin like a cheshire cat all the way through. And Lorraine!

"How could you call him a cad, Annabelle?"

"I beg your pardon?"

I was so delighted to read Ma Mademoiselle Bizarre, and discover that Lorraine got an entire story to herself! Clever, strong-willed, witty, she's a treat, and a perfect friend/foil for Annabelle, rather like Melanie but in a different capacity. Contrasting Annabelle with Melanie highlights Annabelle's shyness and the fact that she doesn't have much of a way with men. Contrasting Annabelle with Lorraine highlights Annabelle's soft, shy personality and her sweet sense of humor. You've created marvelous, intriguing characters that play off one another well and hold your audience's interest.

*applause*