Reviews for Blind Man's Bluff
Pokey Joe chapter 1 . 1/30/2007
i think the experience, though not unique, is one that everyone should have to go through.

also, i don't think that people who are blind would "always be hoping for a miracle or a risky surgery that could restore their sight." think about it, if the only thing you've ever known is blindness, wouldn't you be scared to be able to see? you'd have to learn the entire world all over again. things gain meaning when a blind person touches them, just as a sighted person gains meaning when seeing something. a blind person would not make that immediate connection.

the entire alphabet would have to be learned, in order to read books. braille is nothing like print.

yes, i suppose seeing has its advantages, for seeing people. but blindness has its advantages too, for blind people...

not everyone has to fit into our view of normal but i think people try to fit them in, even when a lot of them don't want to be.
emptyword chapter 1 . 8/27/2005
*chuckle* I actually like this assignment. Your Creative Writing class sounds like fun and you seem to have a great family. The bigger, the better, I think. ;) Insightful ending.
melody mama chapter 1 . 1/28/2005
Haha, the trick is that you put your finger an inch or so down inside the cup so when you pour the liquid in the cup, you know when it is almost full. And you think the two kinds of mil is bad, try having orange juice and milk in the same containers. I learned to smell the contents after pouring orange juice in my cereal one morning. Bravo, and welcome to our world. But I'm glad you learned that when you have to, you can adapt to almost anything.