Reviews for US Marine Corps
FantasizedMusic chapter 1 . 8/5/2005
Just like "I am no king," there is an interesting backdrop behind what is actually written that would make for a great story or play. I also found it intriguing that you used a female in the rage-against-the-machine model instead of a male. There's something to be said for the unacknowledged others who also cannot stand the way some things are run. I think it's clear that you favor the superior officer, the "interviewer." That's not usual either, so you get double marks on originality and switched positions.
JarHead1775 chapter 1 . 2/4/2005
What is this crap?
Daughter of the Roses chapter 1 . 2/3/2005
This play is much too short to develop a clear personality for Black. You dialog is stilted, unrealistic, and before you shoot off your mouth about the Marine Corps, you might want to do a little research before you start. It has potential, but you really need to revisit this and fix your errors.
Senorita Diabla chapter 1 . 2/1/2005
Interesting... I like the attitude Ms. Black had toward things, very backwards of today's society but definitely honorable! I don't think I've ever loved something with a rigid schedule, I'm too lazy P. The interviewer was... well, a jackass! But from the experience I've had with officials in the military, that's spot on! You have very strong characterization and the dialog flows nicely, great job!

chochang913
WriterGrl11 chapter 1 . 1/29/2005
Hm, very thought-provoking. I wonder if this could actually happen...
Nathan Murray chapter 1 . 1/29/2005
Hm . . . lol. Very crisp dialogue, though this was far too brief as anything other than an exercise, as there was no deinite purpose and the idea of a pacifist Marine isn't enough to justify it. Why are they talking?
Kantessa chapter 1 . 1/28/2005
That is funny. I am very much a fan of your style. It's light, and creative. Get PUBLISHED, damn it!