Reviews for From the Letters of Tray and Seine
Enlightened chapter 1 . 3/23/2007
My Lady, I loved it.

The language was so sophisticated, and yet it wasn't stuffy and barely comprehensible. It threw me back into the past without making me feel like an idiot.

No worries, it was quite fun to read and I'd love to see more. Please, give me more!

-Enlightened
Princess London chapter 1 . 12/15/2005
Wow... the detail in this story is incredible. I love the names, too!

Keep up the fantastic work.
FantasizedMusic chapter 1 . 8/1/2005
Firstly... wow. Other than 'Plosion,' this is your best work that I've read. (I'm guessing I just like your prose better than your poetry.) But it's REALLY good prose. The idea of having the dialogue and story and even character (major bonus points on that one, you did fantastic on that level) weaved by the letters and phrasiology of the brothers is really fantastic. I just have to say that the text really, really feels like it is a letter, and I absolutely applaud you on that.

You are meticulous in your detail when necessary, which I noted in the addresses and dates of the letters. Another point which is really not normal for works on FictionPress is that you made me, the reader, really care about the characters, and you instantly engrossed me. You didn't waste time with family or social history; you let the letters explain that in a way that in no way screams "Plot-overview-uncleverly disguised-as-dialouge". I really cannot say enough about how well you have used the letter-format to tell your story. The names of people and locations were all believable for the style of historical/fantasy setting. REALLY nice. This is going in my favorites list.

(Two quick notes. One, did you mean to capitalize the word "brother"? And two, the sentence "and her tidings—all of it— were evil", I THINK that grammar rules have no space between "it" and "were". Other than that, flawless here, in my opinion. I cannot express enough praise for how solid this is. Please, WRITE MORE OF THESE LETTERS!)
aeolyn chapter 1 . 1/29/2005
Seems like a really interesting beginning you have. With the story in letter format makes it a different(and a good different) read, which is fun. I also like the type of world you are introducing. Hope you continue because I'd love to see where you go with this _

And thank you so so much for the reviews again and for putting me on your favorites _
Emmelwen chapter 1 . 1/29/2005
The two letters are very intriguing. They do make me wonder- what is going on at the time?No grammer errors, at least that I could find, and sentence structure was very precise and flowed smoothly. Vocab was great, not just boring words.(Don't worry about reading my stories, I'm currently editing them, because they lack interest...)

Pull