Reviews for New Skin
Sharakinpaix chapter 11 . 4/21/2005
This is what I love about religion, even though I'm atheist. You expertly voiced the inner turmoil and embarrassment I felt that day in sixth grade I realized I was a complete jerk and that no one in my school liked me-no exaggeration. Great description of the conflict! (Changed through four personalities in the ensuing three years, lol!)

This is coming from a non-religious person, but the introduction of God at the end sounded like a prayer... (?) If it wasn't, though, it might sound more deep felt if it was a little more concise, like "I trust in God" pretty much covers "He holds me up." Of course it's just from an atheist point of view! Lol... keep up the good work!
swtdreamz101 chapter 1 . 4/20/2005
hm i feel like i've heard this before, i hope i haven't commented on it already ;p, well it's true we all write better when therez a strong emotion enveloping us, especially be it sorrow and pain, nice poem
Argantlyn chapter 1 . 4/13/2005
This is such a gorgeous poem! And I have felt like this before, too. Please, keep using this goft you clearly have for writing!
Aceandcups chapter 8 . 4/7/2005
These last two have taken a change in attitude. It's almost like an opera. Number 8 and 9 caught me off guard.
Cadience Gemma Topaz chapter 2 . 4/6/2005
Aww i want to cry now...i feel this one, but i have more bad memories then good and that makes me regret the things i didn't do...so i am sad but still happy cuz i have some memories i can cherish!
Cadience Gemma Topaz chapter 1 . 4/6/2005
This is so crazy, you are totally preachin to the choir here lol, i do the same thing, if u notice like 95% of my stuff is morbid or depressing, but its my way of healing my relentless wounds!
Rieley Malleck chapter 8 . 4/6/2005
I like this, a lot. It flows really well and your word choice is astounding, as always.

For some reason I love this part:

"I want to beAnd yet to beI want too muchI want just me."

I envy you sometimes :-p
Cloud Burst chapter 7 . 4/5/2005
i like ur choice of words, and this was just great!
Cloud Burst chapter 5 . 4/5/2005
i thought this was really good, u conveyed ur emotions very well

great job!
Sharakinpaix chapter 1 . 3/22/2005
"Never the Good": Well said! This is exactly what all beginner poets (including me, hehe) should read before starting. Reading it a second time, I noticed the "Never the good times seek..." versus "personal needs seek..." Very good!

"Boxwood": Trees as a metaphor for every soul of humanity: beautiful!

I'll keep reading tomorrow; keep up the good work!
Aceandcups chapter 7 . 3/18/2005
Hi again. I really relate to the... to the... fragile innocence that the tone you are trying to portray.

Your word choice is so arcaic- and that is why I love it.

Accolades, Thee and use of the words like Thine Glory. So Biblical, but not leaning on any proverbs. James? Do you mean that little book in the back of the bible?
psycho7 chapter 1 . 3/17/2005
I so can relate to this. I have total, 6 semi-happy poems out of at least 35-40 poems. Very nice rythum and all.
bfmusashi chapter 2 . 3/12/2005
i like how you spent the first couple lines talking about how much you've grown. i've written a lot on the subject myself. and the last stanza is very nice..."for friendship holds tighter/than most things could be." very touching. )
bfmusashi chapter 1 . 3/12/2005
very interesting poem! i've found it especially true for many writers, including myself, that sad times and depression often bring on the greatest moments of inspiration. i like how you offered a reason as to why you do not write about good times... "i'm too busy enjoying/them to share what/they make me feel." very very true.
Aceandcups chapter 6 . 3/9/2005
I've been reading your poetry, and more of the previous ones and you don't seem to have a predictable tone.

Rhyme and topic is familiar, but you always seem to suprise me with the way you put it all together. I don't know, I guess love is predictable, but tragedy - ahh, that is where the idea of poetry comes into play.