Reviews for Wyrm Enthralled
Ardina Falconhurst chapter 5 . 1/22/2012
This story is wonderful! I do wish you would find time to continue writing on it, but from your profile I see that you are really busy and I understand. School and work really are a drag on writing, but alas I hope you find the time to continue :) I really love the two main characters, Ingerith is a great character. I like her spirit, I almost think Freya is actually watching over her...the way you mentioned Freya lending her her cloak for running through the forest unhindered. Brageldr is a very interesting dragon/man/Beast. Beauty and the Beast is my favorite childhood story and I have continued to love it; seeing it's theme here really made me happy because I love dragons so combining the two is a wonderful idea to me! :) Keep up the great writing SnoDragon!

Pepper
Invader Razi chapter 5 . 12/19/2010
hm... just curious, was this inspired by the original Beauty and The Beast story?
Adela H chapter 3 . 9/30/2005
Wow, I really loved this story. I wish you would write a trasnlator page for all the words I don't know like "thrall" and such. Not all of us are experts in Norse mythology.

the only problem I can find with your story is the format. I don't like how you switch from one perspective to another after a mere few paragraphs. You can switch after every chapter, it will help keep your audience less confused.

that's all!

ADELA H
Hi'iaka chapter 3 . 8/30/2005
This is one interesting dragon! Brageldr's certainly going to have his hands...er, claws full with Ingerith staying in his caverns. But despite his tendency to steal treasure and make cruel demands, maybe becoming a dragon has already begun to change him for the better. It was touching how he took the time to prepare a cave for the little girl he thought was coming.

I thought it was a really nice touch how dragons can see humans as only colorful swirls of emotion. It seems like Tyr and Freya want to make sure that if Brageldr ever falls in love again, it won't be based on beauty, the way his love for Ladoga was. Most of the traditional stories involving dragons never give reasons as to why they spend all of their time hoarding treasure, but I thought that your explanation was perfect. I detected a hint of deep sadness in the scene at the end of Chapter Two that described Brageldr playing with the amber ball. He's lonely, isn't he? (I doubt he'd ever admit it if he were, though...) Maybe he was actually looking forward to having someone to spend time with, even if Ingerith wasn't exactly what he was expecting.

So, not to rush you, but...whatcha waitin' fer? You've done an excellent job so far, and I'm eagerly awaiting your next installment!
Amara the Warrior chapter 3 . 7/16/2005
This story keeps getting better and better. I hope you plan on updating soon. It's really good.
Amara the Warrior chapter 2 . 7/16/2005
This is kind of like a fairy tale. It's beautiful. A dragon that was originally a man? Amazing. Please update soon. Oh and I see that most of your paragraphs are a normal length. Good work.
Amara the Warrior chapter 1 . 7/16/2005
This is very good. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten a lot of reviews. The description and imagry are amazing. My only critisism is that some of the paragraphs are too big.
mage o' bacon chapter 2 . 3/20/2005
update soon!
Hi'iaka chapter 2 . 2/15/2005
Whoa. I simply don't understand why this hasn't gotten reviews. Aside from having an interesting plot, your writing is very stylized and well-researched. (I especially like how you used terms like thrall and knarr.)What really hooked me was the dragon's backstory- him being a former human is quite a twist, and as in Norse mythology dragons are usually portrayed as mindless monsters, this is a refreshing change. What did Berner and Ingerith do to disturb him, though? Now I'm REALLY curious. Keep up the great work, and update soon!

(Just wondering: have you read 'The Sea of Trolls' by Nancy Farmer? I recommend it highly to anyone who's interested in Viking mythology.)