Reviews for Friend
Moon-Chaser chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
This is nice, trying to be friends with someone in this situation can be hard, yet can also turn out to be something amazing.

Keep it up.
meep2creep chapter 1 . 4/19/2005
you call this a poem i call it fancy but you are a cupcake on the top of my grandpappys head which he will eat for dessert and you smell like sassafrass
Biene chapter 1 . 2/12/2005
AllyCred, u dont know just how much u have helped me. Ur encouragements are really appreciated! Thank you so, so, so much! XOXO! I was lazy to login, sorry. I read this and I LOVE IT! Of course I do- you are lyk an amazing poetist (is tht a word?) It's so interesting! AND JUST SO BEAUTIFULLY WRTTEN. It's almost like a beginning on a story. Keep it up!
J.STEWART chapter 1 . 2/7/2005
Hey girl!

Ok. I don't like Fiction Press right now because I can only post one review per chapter, which isn't all that helpful.

*reads poem like he should*

Ok. Overall, I really liked this poem. Very.. indepth? I liked it.

Your note to me:*WOW*...i have to say i loved this...the story really comes a long quite easily...the whole thing is very interesting and i guess everyone can relate in more ways than one...i love the characters and how they develop in this chapter its very good...extremely well written...i think i will enjoy reading the next chapter...but i have to say i'm kinda confused about the ending does it turn out that Devons new relationship is with a boy and he's a boy also? or have i completely lost the plot. lots of love AllyCred

P.S. thanks for the review appreciate it. oh, and the poem you reviewed was about me and my boyfriend, we've worked everything out, but thank you, for your advice, i really appreciate it.

Response to your note:

Thank you for the kind compliments. Everyone should be able to relate to it in one way or another. That was my intention in writing this piece.

Now that you have brought up writing another chapter- that would be a good idea. Thanks!

Devon's new relationship is with a boy.. Devon is a boy.. Devon's gay. You were right, don't worry.

I'm glad that everything between you and your boyfriend are in working order! Got worried about you for a minute, but I'm really glad everything is alright! Come to me for anything, I'm sure I'll have a few words of wisdom.

Talk to you later,

-James
Dancinggal5389 chapter 1 . 2/4/2005
hm. this was kinda weird
ReggieLove chapter 1 . 2/3/2005
the message to all this is good, but it seems to me that you're sacrificing better word choice for the sake of rhyme. rhyme is all fine and good, but in excess it can make poetry sound juvenile. other than that, keep it up. -reggie
Kat22 chapter 1 . 2/3/2005
Wow, this is very nice. Your poetry seems to be a constant stream of thoughts, like the things you would say to people if you let go of your inhibitions. I'd be interested in how you would write about a purely objective subject, just acting as an audience describing something. But this is very good, I like it.
putz-6 chapter 1 . 2/2/2005
i really like this poem _
braggart chapter 1 . 2/1/2005
Honestly, I don't think it's that good, but this is pretty much the way many people start out. It's how I started. For the majority of people, writing poetry starts out (and in most cases remains) as a means of release. So those first few batches of poetry are all about getting that emotion out.

But the more you write, the more you'll grow as a writer. Just keep at it. Also, I'd suggest reading sophisticated poets like T.S. Eliot, Robert Frost, and maybe even Christina Rosetti. When you're ready, begin to experiment with metaphors and symbolism in an attempt to be less obvious. In my opinion the best poetry is the kind where the reader barely knows what the poet is saying, so it takes multiple readings to get the full effect.

There was a woman who wrote poetry here; I don't think she's as active anymore, but her screen name was Rose of Dresden and I think her poems are the perfect example of what poetry should be like.

Don't be discouraged, though. Everyone has promise. Keep writing (and reading), and you'll definitely get there.

Good luck!
xHannahx chapter 1 . 2/1/2005
interesting to see how these things work out, how you can be friends with someone in that situation. nice poem, it expresses a lot, and good luck with the friendship!

Han.
Maxwell K chapter 1 . 2/1/2005
i like this poem!"Yes, I’m dating your ex, and yes, I love him so."this line stands out the most to me:)