Reviews for Cynthia HamerVenard
Peacockfeather chapter 1 . 2/4/2005
Much as I appreciate this piece is well written; I feel I must say in regard to your review of Fabian Cortez's "Oblivious", that you were, in my opinion, unjust.

You, yourself within the review spelled "Recently" with an "S" and used the word "continue" twice within the same sentence.

You also wrote that you anticipated further chapters, when it had "End" written clearly at its close. He states in the summary that it is just a short.

As you stated you were "nit picking", I do think that perhaps you could have been more fastidious in the way you presented your review.

In my opinion the story held well on its own, and really needed no further explanation. Things were made perfectly clear by the ironic twist in the finale.

My apologies for being bruque about this, but I felt something had to be said.

I will reiterate however, in respect of the poem you have presented here; that it is beautifully written.
Fabian Cortez chapter 1 . 2/4/2005
This is stunningly composed. The flow the emotions displayed.

Exquisite.

I loved it from start to finish.

Very Well Done

KEEP WRITING!

F.C

I'd rather not have included this here, but you have no emai. Hmmph.

I just thought I'd clarify a bit about the short story "Oblivious".

I deliberately didn't explain at the early part of the story, about the email, to keep the mystery intact.

I felt later on this would become obvious. He was, of course, writing to his Father. I thought this was intrinsic, without having to explain it any further.

In regards to the girl that got killed. She crossed Derrick on their first meeting by being ignorant, and he was disgusted by her anyway. Let us not forget, he is unbalanced, and his rejection is too much for him. She just got in the way.

I hope this clarifies things a little.

Thanks for the kind words.

F.C
Made in U.S.A chapter 1 . 2/3/2005
That is so sad! But I love how you tell your stories about your life in such a modern and captivating way. Really I'm speechless each time. You are a true talent and please keep writing! :D
Kris 56 chapter 1 . 2/3/2005
Wow, this is such a beautiful poem! I really like it, the emotion and words flow together brilliantly!
19 | « Prev Page 1 2