Reviews for Closure
Katherine Rhett chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
It's really hard to get a clear image across in such a short story but you managed it! The final sentence surprised me and the interjection of a real tradegy contrasted with the supernatural really well. Good job!
square-fan chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
I could tell that this was about a ghost, but the ending was still a shock. I like how it is about reality and how you kinda made it your own to. The whole closure thing, where the ghost child thinks everyone forgot, and feels forsaken by God, only to find out that he is eternally remembered, and that he was able to cry, and all that.

Very good, even though it is based on a big tragedy.

I would like to see some thigns through your eyes for a day O-o.
Auntie1992 chapter 1 . 2/18/2007
WOW! You took a very real (although not personal to me) tragedy & made it VERY personal! KUDOS to you slave, the vison I had of a child tracing their own name in the marble touched me deeply. A very powerful piece!
Sarah-Brighteyes chapter 1 . 10/16/2005
Talk about a story that keeps the audience waiting on their tip toes for the final bang. And boy, did you have a nice final twist to this.

Hauntingly beautiful piece. I enjoyed the imagery here. I keep imagining different scenarios as I read onward... the spirit of one of the children killed did come into my mind, but that was in a list of others like a former student or teacher or someone kicked out.

I enjoyed this though. It was very well written and you took a piece of reality and shaped this. bravo to you slave. Great piece. Thanks for keeping me entertained for a while *smile*

Bravo!
Scraper chapter 1 . 5/1/2005
Wow, I don't know if I quite understand this piece (I'm a very shallow reader if you could pardon me), but this is like seeing your own gravestone. Did they have some kind of accident? Because that is the only reason I could think of why a school would build a memorial.
TesubCalle chapter 1 . 4/4/2005
Hey, slave, *thank you* for reviewing my stories first of all. I liked this story. I personally find it very difficult to write about real tragedies, but you've treated this one with sensitivity and care. Well done!
dragonsdream13 chapter 1 . 3/28/2005
very sad, but good nonetheless. i see why its one of your favoritee stories.
InfiniteDreamer04 chapter 1 . 3/28/2005
very touching and interestin topic...keep writing.

-sweet dreamz-
Venustas iaceo chapter 1 . 3/22/2005
Wow, just... wow. That was beautiful.

Columbine, woo. I remember that. Interesting topic for writing a story.

Really, I don't find it sad personally. (Then again, I'm used to being in an environment where shootings don't take me by suprise...)

However, the way it's writing is touching. I applaud a good story! _ *favorites it*
jesstified chapter 1 . 3/12/2005
i thought it was really sad:( it was very well written tho. d xx ps thanks 4 reviewin dead memories
jerusalemslot chapter 1 . 3/9/2005
Awesome story. The last line was great.
Ryla Dante chapter 1 . 2/27/2005
Wow! That last line blew me away. I loved it.
Iqisiazsi chapter 1 . 2/16/2005
That was really good. I could tell what it was about but I wasn't sure where you were going with it and then at the end it all fell into place. Excellent work.
o0oAnnie chapter 1 . 2/16/2005
Wow...very powerful piece...the image of the memorial with the flowers and names etched in marble is especially beautiful...brilliant work..keep writing! :)
slave to the voices chapter 1 . 2/12/2005
I never thought about people outside of the US reading this story. To explain things a little, it's about a high school were two students massacred more than a dozen of their classmates.