Reviews for Heaven and Hell
lada chapter 3 . 8/21/2011
really nice. maybe it's true what u say, maybe not. I'll keep on dreaming for shire and try to be a good person. I'm really thankful for this story, thank you very much. :D
illogicalThinker chapter 3 . 6/21/2011
awesome. I really like this view of death as it is very neutral.
Nickolaus Pacione chapter 3 . 2/27/2010
Say Slave - been a few years man and I was looking back at my reviews. I decided to take a look at your other stories, and this one struck me. Do you have a print home for this particular story? I run a speculative fiction magazine that publishes Horror, Supernatural Literary Fiction, Science Fiction (Present Day set or Dystopia,) and weird true stories (either paranormal or weird tour stories.)

I remembered that you wanted to work with me on a publication from a while back - I am planning issues in advanced and I thought your work for Issue 12. E-mail me at if you're interested. I got published on Withersin: Birth Issue for a true ghost story but you might want to grab Ethereal Gazette: Issue 10 for a more readable version in print - Papyrus font is hard to read on a PDF file.

If you write true stories too that are dark - shoot me an e-mail plus your photo in a diner late at night and I will give you a go. I published Trilock on a few issues and SpadeMcCole was one of my stars on Tabloid Purposes IV (he was the highest paid on Lake Fossil Press at $75.00 for his story. It was his pay for being with the series with four books.)

I learned how to run a magazine from Goth Historian Mick Mercer. Think The Mick meets Weird Tales and Amazing Stories. This story should be published in print man - if you want to give it a print home, you got one with me.
EriEka127 chapter 3 . 3/29/2006
Loved it!
Geistjaeger chapter 2 . 12/31/2005
There are a couple of reviews up here that I sincerely disagree with, including one that claims the story is 'rather badly written.' The writing in this story is very good. It is imaginative, from what I've read, and stands apart from most of the other stories on this site. I'd easily categorize this into the elite 1% of the fiction on this website.
Geistjaeger chapter 1 . 12/31/2005
"Clothes don't die." Nice! I like this story. Its rare to read from the private archive of a writer who's good and knows he's good and doesn't have his head in the clouds. I like your writing style, and the first chapter is a winner in my book. You must like to read.
pyrochic1211 chapter 3 . 5/25/2005
That was really interesting. I'd never thought about dying that way before. Anyway, I thought it was great.
Bitten Caliban chapter 3 . 4/16/2005
First of all, thank you for your rather short, though informative review. I do try to get back to people who review my work, and today it's your turn.I just happened to randomly choose the second of your works. Here's what I point of view might be wrong, but I do believe that every story has already been told, and the only thing that matters is the author's approach. What makes the most enjoyable literary works so enjoyable, is the reader's eventual familiarity with the author's unique view on the matter as an individual and his or her lucid representation thereof in words. Which is lacking in your story. The first mistake you make is not trying to use more varied language. While some stories benefit from colloquial speech ("Catcher In The Rye" being a prime example), the works with intentions similar to yours would look a lor fresher and far less livid if their vocabulary was more robust. What you have written reads like a casual monologue of someone who is waiting for, say, the train and spends time talking to a person they've just met. So is the rather pallid sense of humour that appeared to me as irrelevant and superfluous (for example, "(not like that you pervert)" jumped at me out of nowhere, and was very uncalled for). Overall, it reads like a rather bland text devoid of any artistic value. Concerning your theme and subject matter - there were some interesting points, in particular the fact about nakedness and potential comic relief that it could have brought had you handled it better. The rest reminded me a lot of the very good old movie called "Ghost", starring Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze. Seriously, did you have it in mind writing this?Character development was satisfactory, with the exception of Carma, whose charisma could have been explored more. The ending is unsatifying and largely left me wondering why the piece had actually been written. Why? There doesn't seem to be much personal involvement on your side, more like an amused account of some daydreaming that leads ultimately don't think that I wrote all of this just to prove to you that I am a better writer, because I'm not. Perhaps I'm being overly fastidious. I'm merely an avid reader, and I have a lot of experience with all sorts of literature, including the type that you prefer. Your writing just does not "do it" for me. If others like it - awesome. If it brings you satisfaction - even writing, and good luck on that novel you're writing.-Rick.
Evan-Cora chapter 3 . 4/9/2005
nice... i like the idea...
Love and Shadow chapter 3 . 4/7/2005
this is a pretty good, well-written story. i especially liked the concept of death..
The Colours Flow chapter 3 . 2/19/2005
Niice! Well Done! Great descriptions and nice plot!
Venustas iaceo chapter 1 . 2/19/2005
Hmm, though the idea was good, it seems rather badly written. Though it is a first person story, there seems borderline of too much talking. It would be a bit better if your weren't quite a reptitive. I felt almost as if to be reading the same thing over and over again for most of the story. _ It was good, but try and work on that!
Sky of Water chapter 3 . 2/16/2005
I liked your ideas and the events, but there was too much "wondring," Questions and thoughts that the narrator would've thought, but don't really have too much to do with the plot. And what was the goal?
Anon chapter 1 . 2/14/2005
Hello! I started reading this piece because it reminded me a lot of the movie Constantine which is coming out soon. Maybe you got your inspiration from it? It's a really cool idea, for sure.

One thing that I would tell you to work on with this story is to try and find a voice that really portrays your main character, Joe. The voice that you're using in this first chapter really doesn't do him justice.

My main beef with this first chapter was the first paragraph. I had a conference once with a published novelist who gave me a great piece of advice: A publisher will read the first sentence of a story and if they don't like it, they won't give it another second.

You need a better first sentence to pull in your audience. Something that really sticks out and makes this something that people will instantly be interested in. Something like, "I was never really against religion until I met God and realized he was a fucker." Or something that really shocks people who read it.

Also, the whole, "What? What do you mean, 'How do I know?'" That line really takes away from the voice of the character as well. Try to stay away from putting words into the mouths of your readers because a reader wants to have their own opinions, not be told what their opinions should be. What if a reader agreed with your opening statement? The next line wouldn't make sense to them.

Just a few pointers. Keep up the good work though, it's an interesting topic!
CharmedMilliE chapter 3 . 2/14/2005