Reviews for Something Has To Change
Queen of Rock chapter 2 . 5/5/2006
I like this! It's really engaging and the character Helen is dynamic and well "moulded". Great job!
Sprkles620 chapter 2 . 8/20/2005
this is a really good story, sounds kind of how my life used to be, anyways im not sure when it was last updated but i think you should keep going with it!
La Editor chapter 2 . 5/14/2005
Good! I find this very good. Try lengthening the chapters a bit, just by a paragraph, maybe. But I really don't care ' Upload another chappie soon. I shall be waiting... *adds to favorites list*
Eagle Seance chapter 2 . 4/10/2005
great second chapter! I love the realistic nature of this story. the fantasizing made me smile coz it's something which many of us tend to do! keep writing this!
Mirwen chapter 1 . 4/6/2005
Hey! This is really good! Yeah, no offense taken with the bio thing. I understand. Thanks for the lovely review! *hugs*
love-me-for-life chapter 2 . 4/6/2005
Again, amazing. I can absolutely relate, I'm way overweight too and I always used to read in class, have friends in school, but never out, etc. I got picked on for being teacher's pet more than anything though. Very descriptive, it's not moving too fast, haven't really gotten to the main conflict yet. And in case you still worry about this Anthony chick, looks don't matter in relatonships. I have a gorgeous girlfriend and like I said, I'm not where near perfect looking. Good luck!
Manuel Fajar chapter 1 . 4/6/2005
Very well written. It's not a lot of difference between weight gain and weight loss—100 calories a day often accumulates over months. If Helen was my daughter I'd make her walk to school, drink water instead of sodas, cut out bread and candy completely—BTW my son went off to college and came back with 100 extra pounds in a few months—he lost it over 6 months. A little bit at a time. Something can change in your character's life. mp.s. thanks for your perceptive reviews.
Eagle Seance chapter 1 . 2/22/2005
wow this is amazingly written! helen is a very likeable character and her problems are ones that most people can relate to. my story started off based on my own life as well (first bit of chapter one- not the witchcraft and everything else lol!). Do keep going, this is really good! : )
Juni chapter 1 . 2/16/2005
Wow. . . really powerfully written. Honestly, I think you're really brave to share a part of yourself like this, that's one of my problems- writing personal things and posting them. Slightly paranoid here. Anyway, very impressive writing, I can really relate to the character, really understand what they're feeling. Great as always! Juni
RuathaWehrling chapter 1 . 2/15/2005
Hey Daphne!

As usual, thanks for your reviews. To be honest, I took a glance at this more out of curiousity than anything else, and wasn't really planning to read the whole thing. But since I all the sudden found myself at the end of the chapter :) I guess I might as well review it! (That either says something good about your writing, or bad about my work - or both!)

Anyhow. First off, I didn't notice any glaring grammatical or conceptual errors to point out. (Rats! That always makes my day!) So I'm down to general commentary, that means.

I guess I'm just not a good girl. (Or guy, for that matter.) I've never stared at anyone (male OR female) like Helen does. Maybe that makes me alien... or just an engineer!

I really like how you subtly describe Helen's partial isolation from her peers, and her feelings of being trapped in a cycle. I think we've all felt that way at some point, though not always to such a degree of course.

You've got a lot of guts, writing about something so close to home, and moreover, TELLING your readers that it's so close to home. I'm impressed. I think I'd be too much of a wimp to admit that it was a (slightly fictionized) version of my life. Kudos to you!

See you for the next chapter. Thanks! -Ruatha
BuffLie chapter 1 . 2/13/2005
Sounds good so far to me :) It's written really well.