Reviews for Building a Mystery
madluv chapter 17 . 11/9/2009
This story is so good! Are you planning on continuing it?
SnowCharms chapter 17 . 10/9/2009
Oh dear, I wonder what would happen when two opposing forces meet. I'm surprised that Gisette actually slept with Greene before, but I wonder what happened to bitter their relationship on her part. Update!
Kaybookworm chapter 17 . 10/25/2008
Oh it makes me so sad when I find a story I like but it goes unfinshed. You probably don't really listen to the demands for more, huh? But I can just say that their will be people that will read you story and find it unfinshed. I hope you're starting to feel guilty. lol. Still I hope you come back and finish this story, becuase you're a good writer and good writers that don't finish their art will feel like they're cheating on themselves and will never feel complete! Or maybe that was the fans who don't feel complete and always cheated on. I can't ever remember! lol! so get your bottom back over into fantasy land young lady!
MuzikalWriter chapter 1 . 8/23/2007
A very intriguing first chapter! I like it a lot, it's original and has no cliches as of yet, which is rare on fictionpress. My only suggestion is that you add more detail in places, because the transition between present and past is a little abrupt, but otherwise perfect. :)
Nerdette chapter 17 . 6/24/2007
Crazy stuff! I'm not sure who I want Gisette to be with...I guess I am rooting for Raul!
a.everhart chapter 17 . 4/8/2005
WOOT! Whats going to happen next? Choas always erupts when Greene and Gisette are in the same room. Otherwise, who cares? I think Greene and Gisette should be together. Opposites attract, am I wrong?
charmed03 chapter 17 . 3/31/2005
ah! how charming! Col. Almonte seems purfect! keep writing! i like the cliffhanger at the end!
R.M.Whitaker chapter 17 . 3/31/2005
What do you think you're doing! Don't stop! I DEMAND another chapter this instant!
S. Renee chapter 17 . 3/31/2005
Loved the chapter! The only mistake I saw was at the end where Gisette's mother called Captain Greene "the Nathaniel". I don't think you meant to put "the" there. I love her parents though- they're both so cute! And I can't wait to see what happens at dinner with such interesting guests! Update soon!
thelonelyegret chapter 8 . 3/31/2005
This is pretty enjoyable, and the plot is more or less original. I applaud you.

One thing to note is your dialogues; no, don't worry the words themselves flow exceptionally well, but rather it is the grammatical structure that has a little problem.

For example, in chapter eight, you wrote: “Hush now, Clarissa.” I responded

That is incorrect, and instead you should replace the period with a comma, like this:“Hush now, Clarissa,” I responded

Beside that small problem, I'd also like to suggest that you look into historical facts a little more. Though your story takes place during the Regency, little of your story convey the era. I'd recommend you to read Austen and Heyer to get more of a feel of the historical period.

I really hope you'll continue the story, for it has great potential and we all enjoy it very much. And please, do not take my suggestions of offense; I merely hope some constructive critism will help a little. My best wishes to you.
R.M.Whitaker chapter 16 . 3/30/2005
What? No! Nothing better to do with my time! I DEMAND a new chapter asap! You write all you want! This gets better and better with every chapter! I'm betting Captain Greene and Clarissa will show up at the docks as well! *squeels in excitement* Oh! I just love this story! And yeah, I'm rootin' for Greene now. Did I already tell you that?
R.M.Whitaker chapter 15 . 3/30/2005
Woa, that was weird. Somehow I missed this chapter!

I LOVED IT! IT'S PERFECT! I've decided I want Captain Green! Yes, that's my final answer. Ok, gotta read the next chapter now!
S. Renee chapter 16 . 3/30/2005
Great, great chapter! You've got me really excited now because I really want to see what happens with Gisette and Almonte at the docks. I hope they're able to see that they're meant for each other! Because they are! Gisette was a fool to reject his offer!
charmed03 chapter 16 . 3/30/2005
omg! exciting chapter, as usual. hehe..i like Gisette's sister's character... she's a regular Emma Woodhouse!

one thing i don't understand though - why does Gisette reject Col. Almonte? is she playing hard to get?
Justice Bana chapter 15 . 3/29/2005
This is another great chapter. I really enjoy your writing. Actually, this was probably one of my favorite chapters. It really added a mixture of suspense, and, of course, it contained my favorite character. I like the complication to the plot. It really makes me eager for your next update. So...update soon please!
96 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »