Reviews for Never Diamonds, Nor Champagne
LostCriesofTime chapter 1 . 4/2/2016
This is such a well written and insightful poem. I'm never normally a poem fan but I just was feeling nosey and decided to check it out. But how you showed people falling into a mundane, happy life while longing for passion was very profound. Happy, cute, safe...they're so overrated but if you dare to say such things people will call you ungrateful. And who in their right mind would break up with a loving, safe guy? right? Its sad that people feel they have to settle for safe and your poem just mapped out the life of someone who settles so completely.
The last line "and I will never, ever scream aloud" was perfect. Just perfect. I salute your incredible writing skill.
Charlotte Crane chapter 1 . 2/10/2009
I have felt EXACTLY like this, and it's the scariest feeling in the world. Your poem describes it quite perfectly. Very, very well done.
Anon chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
I liked it :)

Good poem
Scorpius Malfoy chapter 1 . 12/2/2007
"I really liked that". Really, that's one of the things I've always been afraid of happening to me. The last line was wonderful.
pete's sake delete the account chapter 1 . 11/19/2007
"I really liked that"

I'd hit send review now, but it's actually "submit review," and I truly genuinely enjoyed it so I want to say a little more. The last line, with "never, ever", was especially great. The entire writing style of the poem fit its subject, in a way that I have trouble describing.

I don't know if you wrote the poem about yourself or not. Could be fact or fiction. But in any case, I wish you the best of love.
The Abstract Dualist chapter 1 . 6/9/2007
That was... good. It hit some of the more interestingly subtle points of human relationships, but I note that you did not comment on how the relationship could grow into... is "true love" the right phrase? Meh. Very nice poem.
Silken Silver Berries chapter 1 . 5/12/2007
oh wow...i feel so sad for you. ..and for me, actually. i know exactly how you feel! ironically this relates so perfectly to how i've been feeling about things lately..not necessarily in the romance portion of my life (although that is also lacking miserably) ..but more in the "is my live ever going to mean anything to anyone?" kind of way. i am sharply and almost painfully aware that my identity crisis actually has very little to do with what the subject of this poem is..but i can relate so completely to what you are saying.

*hug* ...*hug, hug, hug* lol..hopefully things have looked up for you by now.

*ssb
For What Its Worth chapter 1 . 7/14/2006
an interesting poem. I liked it.
Basara chapter 1 . 5/21/2006
well...um...I'm a guy and not much of an empath but...I like your poem...well at least I know how a girl/woman feels at times...least I got a hint so thanks! )
G.Whitney chapter 1 . 5/8/2006
I really loved it a lot, I could relate.
from beneath the bell jar chapter 1 . 3/26/2006
This was the worst, or best depending on how you look at it, time for me to read this poem. Simply because it is exactly how I'm feeling right now. I am this close to tears. This poem had a lot of well-portrayed emotions - hopelessnes, desperation, longing...I thought the idea was very well carried out. Esp. the last line - very powerful. Great piece.
End-of-forever chapter 1 . 12/6/2005
I not only really liked the poem, but I understand the thought behind it.I know how this feels.I always joked to my friends that I'm either going to be single my whole life, or end up married to a boring man, spending my time raising boring, contented children, always wondering what it is I'm , excellent poem. I really like your writing style.
Sarrasanne chapter 1 . 10/22/2005
I really liked that

luv Isi

ps- i can so relate! it's a weird feeling, isn't it?
Boadicia chapter 1 . 9/14/2005
Very, very nice, with a lovely ending. I like the whole basis of the poem. One thing that might make it easier to read, though, is to make the lines a bit longer, and don't let them get shorter than three words, unless you really want to set that phrase apart. That's just what I've found to flow better. Keep it up.
anon chapter 1 . 9/11/2005