Reviews for Never Diamonds, Nor Champagne
Fiorenza chapter 1 . 6/21/2005
Good Morning! How are you? I'm fine. Anyways, to the poem. I have never particularly cared for one-word lines. They just kind of seem choppy. But then, my poems are all long and invariably full of elaborate word selections. You know, my friends and I like the nerdy quiet guys, (okay, my Dad and brothers are kind of that way too) so if you don't like the nerdy guys, just think, there are some girls who would like them. Wink. By the way, you have an amusing bio. ~Fireflower
Rose chapter 1 . 6/11/2005
Expresses exactly how I feel (sometimes). I really, really liked the last line "And I will never, ever scream out loud." Even though I usually don't like poetry, this touched my heart. (Sorry for sounding CORNY)
dream of flying chapter 1 . 5/24/2005
i really liked that. It reminded me a lot of my life, so I guess it has good appeal to the general public (if, by the general public, you mean me.) that made no sense. screw it. good job.
Luculent Perspicacity chapter 1 . 5/6/2005
Aww. That's so sad. Though I felt the same way a year and a half ago - only I wouldn't subject myself to that, I would be a lonely cat lady. Then I found Handsome Christian Science Teacher and we're getting married in July. They don't have to be dull to be dependable, and besides, marry the rebel? You'd want to tear your hair out! hehe jk. Anyway this was sad. I liked the simplicity and the way the line length varied. :) LP
Sean Taylor chapter 1 . 4/4/2005
Well, young Rosie McCann from the banks of the Bann, and the Star of the County Down, as depressing as that was, it has more truth to it that most would admitt. Very few people do have the 'Dime store novel' romance with the Champagne by candle light, or the make-out sessions in front of a fire place on a bear ski rug. To find a good person is better than any cliche quickie romance and to find a relationship that will last is worth a thousand pulp-fiction love stories.

Btw, the version of "The star of the county down" you took inspiration from, was it the Irish Rovers, or another?
maidenwarriour chapter 1 . 3/25/2005
wow. i like that. i know exactly how she feels.
Spiral Artist chapter 1 . 3/22/2005
Being a "nice guy", but not exactly a "goody-two-shoes", I think I have had it up to here with people going with the "Nice guys finish last" approach. But, it's my own personal disgust and quite out of topic. As for the poem, flat and simple, but effective as well. In any case, if such review was needed, "I really liked that" would suffice. And a personal advice; if only us "nice guys" notice you, maybe it's time to start being a bit more realistic, don't you think? Don't get mad. I DID review, didn't I?
Rachal92 chapter 1 . 3/19/2005
I really liked that. Um can I add my own comment? Just kidding, it's really great. You can write well. Honestly, I wish I could write like you. When I tried to write a poem last week I rhymed 'love' with 'love'.
honkforlove chapter 1 . 3/16/2005
I loved it. I think it was really cool.
WWLAOS chapter 1 . 3/4/2005
Hey, I'm one of those types of guys. Now I feel bad about myself. Thanks a lot. (useless fact: even though I just found this, you posted it on my birthday) Heh, anyway, I enjoyed it. All the short lines made my eyes twitchy, but they fit the poem. The short, staggered, almost spasmodic lines give a sense of quiet desperation and resignation. Not sure if that's what you were going for, but I think it worked really well. Oh, and just for conformity's sake, "I really liked that." At any rate, don't give up on trying to find passion in your life, it comes to us all eventually. When you've had your fill of that life, all us goody-two-shoes will still be around waiting. And, just so you know, I was glad to find out that you weren't a wombat.
Trinket90 chapter 1 . 2/22/2005
Step 1 complete. "I really liked that." Step 2 complete. Um- can I insert my own comments before step 3? The lines could be a little longer, but pretty much, it's good!
StarRise chapter 1 . 2/22/2005
Um... does "interesting" count?Sorry, I'm not much of a poetry critic, mainly because half of the time (all right, all right, most of the time) I don't get it. Can't write it either.
ONEthousandWORDs chapter 1 . 2/20/2005
Wow... I really liked that! I looked at the title and was like "hmm... maybe." and I read the description and was like "...no." but I read it anyways. And I'm uber glad I did. Fantastic. _
naughty little munchkin chapter 1 . 2/19/2005
Heyhey! I'd thought I'd hop on over and take a look at this...

Normally I don't read poetry - basically because I don't write it. But honestly? I don't know how. Are they structured, like haiku poems? Or freely versed... as most of them sound? A lot sound instinctive almost. Kind of like random words chucked together and sentences broken up in irregular intervals. Oh boy, I make poems out to sound really stupid. But that's not true. Most sound really beautiful and make me wish that I could write one of my own.

Just like this one.

It was really lovely, a simple telling of a wish, desire (or fear as it were) that many girls share. It sounded very... wistful. And I especially liked the last line - very ironic considering the bulk of the poem. But very true, as most could probably attest to.

I really wish I could write one. Maybe you could teach me? :)

Anyway, am now going to check out your newest chapter of 'The Autumn Court'. Just got back from my beach trip (am all nice and brown now... and well on my way to getting skin cancer argh!) a few days ago and was excited to find a new update of your story waiting in my inbox. Yay!

I'm very curious about poetry now. Maybe I should did out my old school poetry book and have a browse...

Lv, Nadia
BlueDragonGirl1 chapter 1 . 2/19/2005
Heeheehee! Sorry, I'm not laughing at your poem. I thought the instructions on how to submit a review was pretty funny. Believe it or not there are actually people out there that don't know how to submit a review! Anyways, I really liked your poem. I respect people who will love a man for who they are and not by how much they are paid.
30 | « Prev Page 1 2