Reviews for The Broken Road
thenighting-gale chapter 24 . 12/4/2008
Well I am extremely happy for your book deals, you deserve them! I think this is the perfect story for young adults. It is sweet, with just the right amount of sweet romance. I know you have rated it M, but I think it is completely appropriate for teenage girls. I liked reading about how excited you were to receive your reviews. There are typos in this story, but nothing that greatly interrupted the flow. Your characters are well developed and realistic. I don't really have any suggestions, your writing seems intentionally simple, like you meant to write to an audience of your average 14-17 year olds. I don't really have anything else to say, except congratulations!
klutz.for.life chapter 24 . 11/29/2008
I loved the story! You are an excellent writer. Congratulations on Prada and Prejudice, as well! I can't wait for it to hit bookstores in June! I'll make sure I get a copy. :) I think you're a fantastic writer, and I wish you all the best luck with your future publications and stories!

Carolina
MHolloway chapter 1 . 10/28/2008
Congratulations on being published! That is SO exciting. I read this story quite some time ago, and just came upon it and was wondering if you would let me put it on my site that has links to completed stories on FP. If you don't want me to have it on there, it's not a problem. You can check it out at: /givelove-thentakeitaway/

Again, congratulations and I really loved The Broken Road and I'll totally check out the book you have coming out.
wistfulpearl chapter 23 . 9/18/2008
this was an amazing read! i really enjoyed it. good luck with your publishing!
CrossoverNut chapter 24 . 9/12/2008
Dear Mandy,

I am truly inspired to read that you are getting a book deal. I am also an interested writer and I was very excited to hear about the book. I can not wait to read it. Keep up the good work.
RawrDinosaurGrrr chapter 24 . 9/4/2008
This was amazing! By far, one of my absolute favorite stories I've read so far on this site. On any site in fact. I laughed, I cried, you really pulled me into the story. In fact, I've now stayed up about two hours later than I should have because I couldn't stop reading. I was too entranced. Bravo. I will be waiting for your book to come out into stores next year and definitely will be buying a copy so I can have some of your awesome writing firsthand. ]
Obsession Changes Things chapter 23 . 9/1/2008
Okay. First off congradulations, I'm totally going to buy your book when it comes out. Secondly wonderful story. I liked that you decided to keep Lilly blind it was definately refreshing to read a different story but wonderful none the less. Just a quick question: how old are you? Because your writting seems really advanced to be a teenager like myself...

~Obsession
LettyV chapter 23 . 8/26/2008
Hi!

I loved your story! I laugh, cried... everything... really really good! The characters are amazing.

Congrats on the Book deal you got! You surely deserve it!

XOX

Letty
T.Newph chapter 24 . 8/20/2008
Oh wow...congrats on the book deal...i will definitely buy it.
T.Newph chapter 19 . 8/20/2008
For some reason though, she began to think that it would be better not to tell him. What if he didn’t believer her?

chapter 18 believer
N.M.E chapter 24 . 8/11/2008
OMG! I loved this story so much! I couldn't stop reading it. It was awesome!
pandorka42 chapter 23 . 8/8/2008
I swear, in some parts I was gripping my screen so hard with my nose almost pressed up against my computer screen so hard I thought I might pass out! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! Great job!
Charlotte Isla chapter 1 . 7/26/2008
This story was greatly sweet. Not to mention different. It wasn't the whole cliche you see in other stories that is written in this time. I loved it and it portrayed the character's feelings so well, especially Lilly's and I loved how you didn't make her blindness seem like her weakness. And how Logan didn't love her right away. This story was perfect, really.

And congratulations with your book! I only wish I publish one, as well in the near future. But how did you make it? And I'm only fifteen. I really doubt that they would publish anything a fifteen-year-old wrote.

-Charlotte

Thanks for letting us read your amazing work.
Tor chapter 23 . 7/8/2008
Of course I hated Logan at times, but he turned out ok in the end and aw, a happy ending. Very nice. :)
liveforthedream chapter 24 . 7/6/2008
Good story! It's actually one of the few stories on this site I found I could finish. The ending is fine as it is, though it does sound as if it deserves an epilogue. Just to tie up loose ends.

That's great news with the book deal! I'm really happy for you and good luck! Hopefully we'll see something from you on the bookshelves soon though :)
717 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »