Reviews for The Broken Road
pandorka42 chapter 23 . 8/8/2008
I swear, in some parts I was gripping my screen so hard with my nose almost pressed up against my computer screen so hard I thought I might pass out! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! Great job!
Charlotte Isla chapter 1 . 7/26/2008
This story was greatly sweet. Not to mention different. It wasn't the whole cliche you see in other stories that is written in this time. I loved it and it portrayed the character's feelings so well, especially Lilly's and I loved how you didn't make her blindness seem like her weakness. And how Logan didn't love her right away. This story was perfect, really.

And congratulations with your book! I only wish I publish one, as well in the near future. But how did you make it? And I'm only fifteen. I really doubt that they would publish anything a fifteen-year-old wrote.

-Charlotte

Thanks for letting us read your amazing work.
Tor chapter 23 . 7/8/2008
Of course I hated Logan at times, but he turned out ok in the end and aw, a happy ending. Very nice. :)
liveforthedream chapter 24 . 7/6/2008
Good story! It's actually one of the few stories on this site I found I could finish. The ending is fine as it is, though it does sound as if it deserves an epilogue. Just to tie up loose ends.

That's great news with the book deal! I'm really happy for you and good luck! Hopefully we'll see something from you on the bookshelves soon though :)
ani18 chapter 24 . 6/27/2008
I'm so happy for you! I wish tons of success and happiness in your life.
Simple and Sweet chapter 24 . 6/27/2008
OMG i love the story and the love between Logan and Lillian

so sweet

And congradutes on the two book deals

i'll be on the lookout for the books
Frozen.by.Sloth chapter 23 . 6/21/2008
I apologize in advance for any incoherent thoughts I might phrase in this review, but my mind is hazy. It's three am, but I had to finish the story. Well, I just did, in one sitting.

I must say I enjoyed reading it immensely. It's been interesting and charming. I sometimes wondered how they could be so forgiving or ignorant but it's only natural, I suppose. There's the love, too :P

I like your style of writing here, it was simple yet descriptive, and even though we saw (no pun intended) from the point of a blind lead often, it lacked nothing, and I rather enjoyed the descriptions.

It bothers me, though, that Lillian determinedly said three people died in the bridge 'accidents' when it's bluntly obvious someone had to be navigating the carriages. I believe you wrote that the first one survived, but Janelle had one too.

That's a person, right there.

Lol, well, I really enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing.
fionnula chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
shouldn't this be under Historical
AMM3485 chapter 23 . 6/15/2008
Yay I absolutely loved this story! It totally rocked! You did a really amazing job! Congrats on being published.
CrazyCowgirl101 chapter 24 . 6/13/2008
Congadulations. I'm speechless literally. This might sound cheesy but you've fulfilled something that many of us only dream about. AMAZING! I hope all goes well!
madi chapter 23 . 6/13/2008
I loved it. You have this way of writing that makes the reader feel everything you've written. A wonderfull mystery and I love how you got ever detail of English society correct. Down to teh undergarments. Keep up the GREAT work. And good luck in the future.
Fancy chapter 24 . 6/10/2008
I'm so glad you have a book deal, and to penguin publisher to boot! I hope your debut book would be a great success! Although, the book might be released late from where I live, I will surely read it and tell my friends about it too. Good luck on a bright career ahead of you, I hope you make it big!
TheMagicalHandbag chapter 24 . 6/9/2008
Hiya! Oh, I'm so happy for you! PRADA AND PREJUDICE sounds adventurous and fun. I love your Regency England fictions! I probably will like it when it comes out, then.

I was wondering if you are going to still update The Graysbrook Governess?
anonomoose2 chapter 1 . 6/9/2008
ooh, interesting...
Carrie chapter 23 . 6/8/2008
Hey, I know you wrote this awhile ago, but I just got around to reading it and thought it was really good. I liked Lilly, but hated all the situations that kept her from being happy, which is good writing, just frustrating for readers. lol.

If I have any criticisms, the main one is the whole story with Rebecca returning as others have mentioned. It seemed to go by too fast. I was shocked that we didn't get to see the meeting between Rebecca and Lilly. That dinner scene would have been amazing to write with all the awkward tension between the three of them. I can't believe you didn't write that. Or put in a scene between Rebecca and Lilly. I could just imagine how that would go. Instead, you had Lilly hiding in her room like a scared, weak child. And also, there was the breakfast or lunch between Lilly and Logan when he told her about the party that they were to attend, that didn't get written out either. It was told, not shown, which is what you tend to do sometimes. You should show, not tell.

It was a tender and engaging love story, though. I only noticed minor spelling errors like sweet heart instead of sweetheart and breath instead of breathe. Also, you used then instead of than a few times. Just minor things like that.

Other than that, it was good story. I enjoyed it.
721 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »