Reviews for The Broken Road
Lenah. C chapter 23 . 6/27/2012
Wow. I'm afraid I have quite a lot to say about this beautiful story. Here's the chronology of my thoughts as I read through The Broken Road. Maybe it could be counted as a consolidated review (teehee)?

"I love historical romances. I hope (crossing my fingers) it would be a good read because god knows I'm desperate for a good story."

"Interesting! Lilly is blind. It makes the story so much more original."

"The writing is nearly flawless, and I really love how you capture Lilly's-er-condition (i don't want to say disability) so well. It gave me a lot of insights to the life of a blind person"

"I love how Logan's character is developing. As well as Lilly's. As the chapters progress, I feel like I'm getting to know them more and more as if they were real persons."

"Logan is so mean :( he broke my heart too just as he did Lilly's."

"So much drama-I love it! I'm itching not to scroll to the ending to see how the chapter will end."

"When will these cross-purposes end? Ack. So excited. I know I have school work to do, but another chapter wouldn't hurt . . ."

"I LOVE THIS STORY! Ended just right. Gave that wonderful, warm reading afterglow."

Thank you for posting such a beautiful story on FP. Not only is the plot nice, but your writing executed it perfectly. I'm so happy to have read this. I'm not surprised that you are now a published author. Congratulations and good luck to your future endeavors :)

Love, love, love,
L.C.
DreamsOnlyLastForTheNight chapter 26 . 6/16/2012
I read this entire story in one night. And I loved how strong Lilly was through everything and how she refused to take all the crap that was thrown at her.

Anyway, that's not the real reason I wanted to write a review. A couple of days ago I went to the library and checked out your book Ripple. I haven't gotten a chance to read it yet, but it's crazy to think that someone who started out on FictionPress actually has books out on shelves! It made me proud, and it gave me hope that maybe I will have books sitting on bookshelves someday too! :)
carleyshake chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
One of the best stories! ;_;
The Quotidian Life chapter 26 . 5/26/2012
You've crafted this story terrifically! I love how everything ended up and your writing style, however you may want to research the context a bit more, especially the language they spoke. It was more complex without as much jargon then than now.

Cheers
visaga chapter 26 . 4/12/2012
Awwww the story's done already! I gotta admit that I'm not even a teen yet so I was kinda surprised when I realized this was mature... but by then I was just too hooked! I skipped the yucky parts, sorry! Too bad Lillian didn't get her vision back, but if she did that would be too unrealistic and offensive to blind ppl? maybe? anyhow I really REALLY 3 it! Thanks for the great read!
KarmaHope chapter 21 . 3/22/2012
I must admit that I am addicted to this story, however it is now midnight and I must stop for the time being. :'(

Until tomorrow!
Angelbaby1991 chapter 23 . 3/11/2012
Great Story.
abski chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
i always find myself returning to this story again and again. it think it's a testament of how beautiful the story is. i love it!
AbigailDarcy88 chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
I just finished reading this story and I must say I really liked the plot and the romance. I have to say your story partly reminds me of one particular romance author whom I highly regard; to which makes me really like reading this story because I am such a picky reader when it comes to Romance stories, they have to have a plot to them, not just all sex. So, when I finished reading your story, I had to write a little note saying thank you for writing this story, please keep writing, never stop.

A New Fan,

Abigail Darcy
Alanisaur chapter 6 . 2/25/2012
b
Val chapter 18 . 2/25/2012
Ok, I really hope Prada and Prejudice is better than this, because I don't know how you got published otherwise. The writing itself was fine, but you very frequently misused words, put commas where they weren't needed, and overall messed up. The amount of plot holes in this story is incredible, the characters are two Q/Does_robin_and_starfire_have_a_baby and inconsistent, and the language is far too modern for the time period. I am not an expert, but this definitely needs work if you want to produce it.
Val chapter 8 . 2/25/2012
I'm really enjoying this so far, but what's with all the modern language? I'm pretty sure they didn't use "ok", "one night stand", or "dad" in this time period.
714 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »