Reviews for The Broken Road
CharlotteBradhadair chapter 23 . 1/22/2011
i loved it! :)

charlotte
Astarael-11 chapter 25 . 1/16/2011
So, I knwo you wrote this sotry a while ago but I just recently read it and thought it was utterly fantastic. I loved your writing and just the whole story.

I love stories set in this era and this one was definitely really good. I adored it and read it in two days flat.

Anyway, that's pretty much all :)
Titilayo chapter 10 . 1/13/2011
I LOVED THIS CHAPTER THINGS ARE GETTING HEATED!
mylittlePRINCESS chapter 23 . 1/8/2011
god your are greet writer i love it soo much
Belle5887 chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
This story was excellent. Such a beautiful romance and it really kept my interest.

Congratulations on being a published author now! You certainly deserve it - your writing is fantastic.

I think my favorite part of this story was the developing attraction between Logan and Lillian. It seemed very realistic, and your writing of the steamier scenes was great!

My only constructive criticism is on some of the wording (which I'm sure you've improved on a lot since you're published now!) I noticed that you use the word "God" a lot. Multiple characters will say "My God" or "God, such and such." Also, some of the speech doesn't fit for the historical time (example is when I think Lillian said that being a servant "stank") - but these are really small things. Otherwise, this was a great story and I look forward to reading more of your work!
blithe.serendipity chapter 23 . 12/28/2010
I love this story its well written and planned out the plotline kept me on my toes the entire time. Except it was kind of hard at the beginning to catch onto your plotline. I was kind of confused and so I ended up skimming the first couple chapters. But it got better as it went on.

I think I've actually heard of the book you published! I might just go buy it now you're a great author. Congratulations on your success. Thanks for writing this story I love it
DA-chen1 chapter 23 . 12/13/2010
Wonderful, lovely story of yours! :)

I am happy now, with THIS end !

DA-chen1 chapter 11 . 12/12/2010
Hello again, I really enjoyed the sexual tension!

I have a suggestion to make.. the last question:

"The question, Logan, is can you handle me?"

I think, when you change this a bit, it will sound better:

"The question is, Logan, can you handle me?" :-)

DA-chen1 chapter 10 . 12/12/2010
Hell yes - really intensive moment between these two lovers!

DA-chen1 chapter 2 . 12/12/2010
Yeah, sweet story so far!

C.Turtle chapter 23 . 12/11/2010
Hey,

THis IS SO GOOD... I LOVE IT

good job
BOOK LOVER chapter 24 . 11/18/2010
Hi!

I read your book prada and predjuce last year and loved it!

I also love this story you have written on fiction press.
Abrasive chapter 23 . 8/20/2010
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. The writing was clear and accessible, as were the characters. There were also very few spelling/grammar mistakes.

However, at times I found it difficult to remember Lillian's blindness. Possibly you intended this, after all, she was a very strong, stubborn and independent character, which I liked about her. But I'd have preferred some more description regarding setting. Logically, as a blind person, Lillian would have relied heavily on her other senses, and although you did include reference to them, I rarely got a full sense of Lillian's perception of her surroundings. You might improve this by including more detail, for example, in the opening scene she walks into the butcher's shop - what does she smell, hear and feel when she enters? Can she smell the blood and bone, hear a heavy knife on the chopping board, feel a shift in the air from outside to inside? These details would have helped greatly to flesh things out and given a greater understanding of how Lillian dealt with her disability.

Anyway, aside from that, awesome job. :)
Anonymous chapter 12 . 7/30/2010
This story is AMAZING! I LOVE it! Your writing style reminds me of that of Jennifer Leigh (another author on this website - you should check her out!)

One thing that I've noticed though, is that you've repeated used the word "then" when making comparisons, rather than the word "than". It's a very minor mistake, but I figured you might want to know of it!

Keep up the awesome writing! And congrats on getting published! (I plan on reading your book soon!)
Single White Rose chapter 25 . 7/22/2010
I can't wait to read your book! :) I've put it in my shopping basket now!
714 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »