Reviews for The Gem
BlueAki chapter 6 . 6/26/2005
I loved this chapter. Geoffrey already in love with her? seems like a playboy to me. Update asap please!
Shadow Gryphon chapter 5 . 4/20/2005
Hm... the Eiffle tower was built in 1887-9, and I thought this story was set earlier on. Oh well.

I really liked the chapter. Amusing. And perhaps a potential romance?

Anyways, until you update again...

Shadow Gryphon chapter 4 . 4/20/2005
o.o That was a bit scary. About him strangling his wife after she killed his daughter... If she really did kill Portia. It could be that he killed both of them and is only lying, but...

"Afterwards, we can speak rude things about them in our language. No one shall know!” That was bloody brilliant!

Shadow Gryphon chapter 3 . 4/20/2005
*grins* Excellent. Most excellent. Most 'good luck' charms tend to wear off aftera while, though.

Anyways, great chapter. Loved the bit about shrugging.

Shadow Gryphon chapter 2 . 4/20/2005
Aw... that's sad. Becoming a card shark for affection, and still barely getting enough to get by...

Very well written. This is fun to read!

Shadow Gryphon chapter 1 . 4/20/2005
*cocks head* An interesting beginning... but there appears to be something missing from the second paragraph.
aims80 chapter 5 . 3/20/2005
I really like this so far- keep up the good work. :)
Bloodflower chapter 5 . 3/20/2005
You could use a lot of phrases like "enchanté, mademoiselle"...useful, for victorian france and stuff. i don't know where you intend to go with this but if you drop me a line i'm happy to lend a hand.
jelie36 chapter 5 . 3/20/2005
I can't help you with the french, but this story is getting great. I don't like this Geoffrey guy at all, but we'll see what happens. _ Update soon, I'm dying to read more!

Elle Jacob chapter 4 . 3/13/2005
oh the suspense... this is rather fast-paced however. Slow it down, add more detail. Where's the history on this Pratt man?
Stars and Bright Shoes chapter 1 . 3/11/2005
excellent! Update soon!
jelie36 chapter 4 . 3/7/2005
Hahahahaha okay I found this chapter funny. _ Sorry, I have a weird sense of humor...anyway I'm sorry to see the Count go, he was cool. But Pratt is interesting, so it all works out. Update soon, this is very good!

jelie36 chapter 3 . 3/6/2005
Bravo, this is very interesting. I can't wait until the next chapter. I love Eva's character already, update soon!

Yioujuin chapter 3 . 3/5/2005
[[“It’s your turn, Mr. Lisford,” Rolph said mockingly.]]

This is supposed to be Pratt, right?

[[And silk is far to warm during the summer,” she shot back.]]

"Too warm," right? Just letting you know. Sometimes I don't catch these even after re-reading my own stuff fifty times.

I like how you've brought up a decisive point in the plot without rushing it at all. Nice pacing! I'm really intrigued by this plot. Hope to see more developments soon!
Silver Phoenix11 chapter 3 . 3/5/2005
This looks interesting. I can't wait to find out what happens next.
31 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »