Reviews for How to Write a Fantasy Cliche
Sreia chapter 3 . 6/17/2008
I just the name thingy once for a nickname on a site.

I ended up with Yosklafhoran, after some... adapting.

Could be worse really, and I don't use it anymore.

This was funny, and seemed to fit about every major fantasy story ever written. Thanks ;)

cheers.
RainbowDancer chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
Hahahahaha! Very witty. In fact, I'm tempted to write a story now just to follow your guidelines. *tries to keep a straight face and fails miserably* Speaking of which, is a dwarf heroine appropriate? Probably not, since it defies all the rules of Fantasy Cliches. Or a pink teddybear named Ihoranok'akolfhklaner'hlefniskfopas? Yes, that is meant to be one name. -S.
Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 3 . 2/13/2008
Heh heh, brilliant! Could be wittier in some places, but overall, pretty damn good.

Sakina x
Taella chapter 3 . 1/21/2008
Hi! I must say it was really amusing reading this, and I got an idea for a fantasy story by the second chapter :D not so much cliche though... at least I think :/ hehe... any way, it's a great lesson :D and I enjoyed reading it :)
pete's sake delete the account chapter 1 . 11/19/2007
Brilliant! Gotta love it. Another read-through for editing wouldn't hurt, though the wit is outstanding.

Have you read the poem on FP about fantasy/fairy tale clich├ęs? You might enjoy it. I don't remember the title, but it's also in my favorites.
LittleDoe chapter 1 . 11/17/2007
This is so good! I really like the light-hearted feel to this and its writing cliche "wisdom". I can't read all now, but I will soon. Great job!

God bless you.

~LittleDoe
Renissence chapter 1 . 8/10/2007
Oh man.. This was funny as hell considering most of it is true. I actually tried and the name of my evil villian was Ae'riet Gwkut and I have no idea how to pronounce it xD
theGreyPebble chapter 3 . 7/12/2007
LOL

what's REALLY funny is what you've written here are all true.

it's wonderful.

i might actually follow this guideline (and i'll give you credit so people may know where my genius is spurred from)
Sweet Uncertainty chapter 3 . 6/23/2007
Brilliant! I love your sarcasm; you had me laughing out loud.
A. G. Nguyen chapter 1 . 3/13/2007
Very humorous, I rather was really amused, thank you for writing such a erm.. what could you call it?

*Mok Bon-hwa
Miss-Scissorhands chapter 3 . 3/12/2007
This was hilarious, yet helpful. Thanks for posting it!
Long Island Iced Tea chapter 1 . 1/26/2007
Charmante.
writergurlLW chapter 1 . 11/27/2006
Nice! all I have to say is favorited...
K. L. Verne chapter 3 . 11/23/2006
Your writing style is more entertaining than anything I've read in the longest time. Wonderful good job! And it's so true! I am actually tempted to write a fantasy story merely to follow the guidelines that you have pointed out. :-) I'll let you know if I do, but meanwhile I hope to read more from you soon!
That Girl You Love chapter 3 . 11/2/2006
This is bloody brilliant. I laughed the entire time I read it. What I loved even more than the sardonic humor was that this was very well written. I don't know if you've written any other stories, but I'm going to go find out and read them.

Check my favorite stories, and near the bottom, there should be a story titled something like..."Why I hate Mary Sues"...

I think you'll appreciate it very much.

*adds to Favorite Stories list*