Reviews for No Animals Were Harmed?
Unknown chapter 1 . 6/25/2005
Great essay! I hope you write more on this subject
Sorrowful Dreams chapter 1 . 3/9/2005
seriously, people who do that pisses me off. I don't get why they do it. But I like the work you put to do this essay. great meaning to it.
hvk chapter 1 . 3/1/2005
It's things like this that really make me angry.

They blind rabbits for eye liner. They take the eyelids of cats to test sleeplesness.

What is the dignity in that! Where is the sense in dismembering innocent animals all for the sake of vapid and useless stipidities!

You ask me, I think we should subject animal cruelty offenders to these tests.

Talk about ironic justice.
John Stein PhD chapter 1 . 2/24/2005
Sounds like you did some research - even if you provide no sources. But the alternatives you list are illogical. Computers may be able to predict the outcome of an experiment, but that still won't tell us if it's accurate or not.

And I really hope you go back on human testing. Maybe the tests on animals are cruel, but who would you rather see going through that; a human or a monkey?
Radyn chapter 1 . 2/23/2005
The alternatives you suggest need explanations. Computer programs require experimental data to build a database, thus you would still need to perform experiments. Having human volunteers would be nice but it's a voluntary decision, so you can't pin all your hopes on it.
Rabit157 chapter 1 . 2/22/2005
No wonder (
lozfairy chapter 1 . 2/22/2005
The statistics here are shocking and unacceptable...'Not only are these tests cruel, they also prove irrelevant because they create unrealistic conditions' this is so terrible and makes it evn worse that the animals have been put through all that pain and nothing comes from it, it's horrific enough as it is. I fully agree with your sentiments. Lozfairy x