Reviews for Where The Lilies Bloom
Guest chapter 12 . 10/3/2012
dont think this is the right book or chapter!
lost in my box chapter 14 . 6/1/2005
I just finished reading this story. I love the letter John and Anne write to each other, and I'm looking forward to an update.
Emily chapter 1 . 5/20/2005
Hey! I haven't read the previous chapters, so I'm not up to speed on what's happening, but I enjoyed this chapter. As far as some ideas to improve it, I would recommend that for paragraphs 6-9, you find other places in the story to indirectly relate these parts of the backstory (John's family's social situation, his learning to play the banjo, etc.) through action, rather than just stating it here. You can find little ways to show his family's economic situation, hinted here and there, through dialogue, description of their home and possesions, or through comparing their actions and mannerisms to someone who is rich; do likewise with the some of the other things you state in these paragraphs. I haven't read the rest of the story so I don't know how it would fit in, but that's just a suggestion. Good job so far!
S. Renee chapter 13 . 5/17/2005
I'm glad to see you finally updated and I really enjoyed this chapter. The battle was described well and I always love the adorable letters between John and Anne. Update soon!
passion101 chapter 12 . 3/22/2005
Hm...I'm sensing a lot of filler chapters. I mean, wuts going to happen while john is away? Hopefully something exciting.
Devonshirelass chapter 12 . 3/22/2005
Another fantastic chapter. I look forward to reading more. So. i'll wait until the next update comes...
passion101 chapter 11 . 3/19/2005
This story is good and I guess I appreciate it more than most because I myself live in Kentucky.
THROUGHTHESEEYES chapter 11 . 3/17/2005
Very down to earth. Love it.
Devonshirelass chapter 11 . 3/16/2005
Aww that was lovely. I think that this is a fantastic sotry, and each chapter just gets better and better. It's a great read, i'm enoying every word. Fabulous!
Wings As Eagles chapter 10 . 3/12/2005
This chapter's sad. I hope John survives and does come back. His and Anne's relationship is so sweet and touching. :)
R.M.Whitaker chapter 10 . 3/9/2005
Oh, so sad. *wipes tear from eye* I swear, I cry WAY too easily! I cry whenever I write parts like this in my story. I started crying when the main character first saw his wife, 8 months pregnant! What a sissy I am! Or no, maybe I'm just a girl. lol

Great chapter! Update again soon!
R.M.Whitaker chapter 9 . 3/9/2005
Aw! What a perfect wedding! So sweet! They're just perfect for each other!

It'll be so sad when John leaves! I, myself, am writing a story where the husband has to leave his wife to fight in the Rev. war. So far it's pretty hard for them. Especially since now they have a baby boy. Sigh... but, I'm not here to talk about my story!

Great job!
R.M.Whitaker chapter 8 . 3/9/2005
Very cute chapter! Yay! he finaly proposed!

One thing I just have to say. Back then, I don't think they would have gone "house hunting". They would have either built their own house or inherited a house, living with the groom's parents until the house was theirs.

But other than that, excellent job!
S. Renee chapter 10 . 3/9/2005
Aww . . . Poor Anne. I hope John's able to make it back to her.
Devonshirelass chapter 10 . 3/9/2005
That chapter was so sad, so touching. You really have the fantastic gift of writing. Wonderful, I look forward to reading more...
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »