Reviews for Somewhere Home
Kippy chapter 3 . 3/7/2010
It looks as though this story might not be continued (which is such a shame, at the very very least for me, for I really want to know what happens next), but all the same I would like to say that I really enjoyed this first bit, and that I think it's very cruel of you to end it with such suspense.
11th-Memory chapter 3 . 1/18/2009
Okay. Now /that/ is the something that had to jump out at me. And now I'm very excited about your story!

Happy Writing
11th-Memory chapter 2 . 1/18/2009
Mrs. Cadby reminds me of Mrs. Coulter from His Dark Materials.

Not that this information is in anyway helpful. I'm just hoping for a reaction.
11th-Memory chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
I like this story. It's very interesting and entertaining, well written, ect. Nothing especially jumps out yet, but you're off to a really great start.
Saroo chapter 3 . 11/15/2008
I like it. Interesting concept, I wonder what happened to her ability with nature? I hope you're still working on this one-it's good.
Written chapter 1 . 3/12/2008
fabulous start. You hooked me right at the first sentence.

I like how subtly you show us that she has powers with flowers (that rhymes!) and plants and things.

I've also had an experience like that, though it was less fantastic but still kidnapish... I just made up a word. But you know, where you almost trust an adult but then you're like... no.

Years ago, obviously. Seeing as how I'm an adult now...

Sorry, I ramble a lot. bad habit.

Oh my gosh, the end made me really sad. I can't even imagine how terrible it would be if everyone just forgot about me.

Great start, though. I love the modern setting; very cool.

Take care and keep writing. It's time for me to go to bed!
Equilibrium chapter 3 . 1/9/2008
Wow. I think i understand what you meant in your review about being concise after reading this. I love the realism of this story, and the way you portrayed Olivia's emotions in the first chapter was awesome. I especially liked her reaction to the phone call to her mother. Brilliant.

And GAH, the suspence! Ending off with the mysterious letter in chapter 3 was a great touch. I can't wait to read more!
Luny Loona chapter 3 . 10/9/2007
I loved the ending! I'm glad there's someone to help her. Is it the weird boy she met on the bus? Or is it Lucky? Update!
Luny Loona chapter 1 . 10/8/2007
Your first sentence already told me that I will keep reading.

'But Olivia was eleven, wasn't that old enough to decide who was dangerous and who wasn't?'...colon instead of comma.

That's a nice start! I liked it.
Ms Urania chapter 3 . 3/29/2007
OK, I just read this for the first time as I'm desperate for some writng from you (specially a new chapter on Roanoke *hint hint*). I now find myself very intrigued which is a shame as you're not going to update. I'm off to read the updated version now...
Sari Eufemia chapter 3 . 1/18/2007
hey! what a cliff! pleease update! i'm loving it..
Infinite Abyss chapter 3 . 9/2/2006
I really like this story. The plot is interesting. I notice it's been a while since you updated though. Please add the next chapter soon.
Vohn Exel chapter 3 . 5/9/2006
Wow, I really like it. You write alot better then I do, and I have to admit that I find the Mrs. Cadby person very interesting. So much so that I'd like to set her against one or two of my characters, lol. I'm looking forward to more chapters, hopefully one involving Olivia getting her sweet revenge :D.
Tikvah Ariel chapter 3 . 1/11/2006
A mysterious note? Not the direction I had anticipated, but I suppose that this story will be more about her escape and kidnapping then her actual emotional struggle and using of magic. I just hadn't thought she'd have a friend.

Its interesting, but not the kind of story I normally enjoy so I don't think that I'll read on. Your grammar and spelling are excellent though, but I don't feel like your Main Character has much personalitly.
Tikvah Ariel chapter 1 . 1/11/2006
Interesting, I love how your character isn't smart enough not to get in a car with a stranger, but she does have powers. I'm tired of seeing the super intelligent little children with magical powers. I also commend you on writing about someone not your age.

The concept of someone disapeering obviously isn't new, but I like how you are telling it from the side of the one who vanished.

It should be interesting, and you have a fairly nice writing style though sometimes it is easy to lose attention.