Reviews for Notes From a Cynical Bitch
Briana again chapter 1 . 3/12/2005
And now for something completely different:

Don't you hate when yout think of an answer to something when it's too late? That's what I just did. (Also, what's up with FP; they don't let you make new paragraphs in a reviews.)

Anyway, my response: It's not so much that I 'love life' or whatever; it's just that I can't think of a better altenative.
Euphrasia Goat chapter 1 . 3/10/2005
Hm...I suppose you've never heard of the saying, "It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness"?Anyway, Douglas Adams once said that the purpose of art is to hold a mirror up to nature. This is impossible, he goes on to say, because there is simply no mirror big , anyway, my point is...actually, I lied. There is no point. But really, I think that your preception is too selective. Not *everything* is awful and god-forsaken. And not everything is sunshine and roses and lollipops. People aren't good, or evil. They're just...people. Am I making any sense? (Wait, no, don't answer that.)
Katie-chan chapter 1 . 2/24/2005
Um...right. I actually love life, and this sorta offended me. A lot. I know that was probably not your intention (to offend your friends) but that's what happened. I really value the chance to get inside your head and see what's going on, but I'm really confused. I really want to empathize with you, to understand what you're going throught, but I can't. So I won't tell you not to give up hope, because you'll get mad at me. And I won't tell you that you have so much to live for, because you'll get mad at me. And I won't say that I'm really sorry you're going through this, because you'll just get mad at me. So instead, I'll sit in my own little sunny corner, staring at the thunderclouds that seem to be hanging over your head and wishing there was some way I could help. Love forever and for always, Katie-chan.
Kirona of the skies chapter 1 . 2/24/2005
Hm...in many cases, I completely agree with you. This world is freaking screwed. Humanity is so frucked up. All we do is destroy our environment and each other. But then there's times like on the Chippewa Flowage, when I found my little rocky beach and just sat and wrote for an hour. Or when you and I were in the tandem while you made up the Cyrene story last summer. Or when I'm home alone, blasting Greenday and rocking out in front of the mirror...I have times like those and I know that no matter how screwed up this hellhole is, there has to be a light for shadows to be cast. So, the best thing to do is forget all the negative crap and enjoy the things we've got, 'cause we don't have anything else!
dood chapter 1 . 2/24/2005
Wow. That was just so moving. I especially liked the part where you insulted people with more optimistic outlooks than you. It was great. You certainly live up to your title of "Cynical Bitch." Speaking of "bitch," swearwords aren't allowed in essay titles. Everything in the title and summary must be G-rated. You might consider changing it.
Magic Marshmallow chapter 1 . 2/23/2005
Wow. I like! XD I didn't find any errors either, which I wasn't expecting anyway. It's a nice little well, it's not really a rant. But I did enjoy reading it. Anyway, great job and good luck with your other works! Alpha
d'Neronique chapter 1 . 2/23/2005
Wow. You're callow.
ElberethCrickhollow chapter 1 . 2/23/2005
Oof. Definately cynical, here. And since you've titled it as such, I'll take it with a grain of salt.

I think you have a lot of valid points, but on the same level, I think a lot of your complaining about things comes from your personal feelings that don't necesarilly apply to the majority. You could get a lot more empathy if you focused on the things corrupt with the world instead of your borderline suicidal view of it.

I dunno, I think you could even write a follow up... one that gives you more credibility than this. You have it in you, I just don't think you exhibited it in this particular piece.

Good job, anyhow. I didnt mean to pick this apart.
An Inside Joke chapter 1 . 2/23/2005
Nice job of preventing this from just become a rant- and there's a really thin line between making valid complaits about society and just ranting. Good job on that, and while I agree with you on most of what you've said, I'd have to say that this would be stronger if you included some examples of what you talk about.