Reviews for The Little Glass Jar
sarah1491 chapter 1 . 1/30/2006
It's so sweet! A love poem, hmm. You are very good. I must say, I do enjoy your humour poems, but it is nice that you are able to write a variety of styles. You are very, very talented. (Yes, you are on my favorites list )
Jeremy Kerley chapter 1 . 10/7/2005
No rhyming. Still a good poem.
Ashke my heart breaks chapter 1 . 6/5/2005
love it
C. X. Blackfeather chapter 1 . 5/21/2005
I like your imagery, and the idea of promises that drives the whole poem.

The title caught my eye because, among my friends, a little glass jar is a metaphor for emotions, especially unreturned love. We put all of our hopes and happiness into the jar and present it to someone who drops it carelessly or smashes it out of our hands.

It sounds like the sweetheart is only temporarily dead, or sleeping Snow-White-style, because while all the action and description belongs to the guy, he'll be coming back for her. ((shrugs)) Colors well-chosen, anyway.
scratchfury chapter 1 . 4/12/2005
deep...and sad...no one likes to be left alone... great for a first shot at love poetry
kayttea chapter 1 . 3/30/2005
wow. thats really powerful and VERY creative. a little glass jar full of hearts. thats so sweet. this is a great poem, you should write another like it. :-)

-kay
His Only chapter 1 . 3/28/2005
Aww! One minute you have me rolling on the floor laughing, and the next you have my crying! Gosh this was so sadd! I LOVED the line where you said "Diamonds of passion swam down his cheeks" That is... wow! That is amazing how you explain his tears. Well, I think I'll go and read more of your funny poems to make me feel better now. Keep up the great work!
emilyannexx chapter 1 . 3/23/2005
Aww... I loved it.
Ropedncr chapter 1 . 3/15/2005
a nice change of pace. i especially liked "Diamonds of passion swam down his cheeks."
tigoamy2 chapter 1 . 3/7/2005
Wow. I love the first 3 groups of four...if you take the last line of each it says A promise lay expired. Was that meant to be there? Or just coincidence? Hmm...lol If it's just coincidence blame my observation skills... Wonderful job though.

Kudos, Michelle
meep2creep chapter 1 . 3/4/2005
Very beautiful! It has so much sadness and lost hope. It sort of tells a story and I thought the ending was great! (is he going to kill himself?) It's very creative and original. Very powerful also. And the imagry was nicely used. I didn't know you were from AZ! Sweet! Airazonians unite!If you don't mind I was wondering if you'd reviwe my newest poem called sea of tears. That is, if you want to.:) Thanks alot!

Amanda*
Aslan Israel chapter 1 . 3/1/2005
Very sad. Great job on this.
MaryCurly chapter 1 . 2/28/2005
Amazing! Absof-inglutely amazing.
Anje chapter 1 . 2/28/2005
aww so sweet lol. What brillantly beautiful and inspiring work nice 1st Love piece! Keep it up!