Reviews for The Ashlee's Through My Window
Carrollesque chapter 1 . 3/5/2005
While I have always praised you for the beauty and depth of your poetry, I feel you've reached a new level of brilliance with this latest story.

You weave an engaging tale of growing up without getting bogged down at any point in the story. It flows along nicely, and your words are almost poetic in their beautiful construction. Personally, i feel that this is your best work so far and outshines just about every young-adult story I have ever read, published or not. In terms of beauty and meaning. You talk about things in detail that other authors skip over hurridly and really communicate the thoughts and feelings of your main character.

Some of your reviewers have bitched about grammar, but that is an amazingly trivial thing that you can have any decent editor fix. Keep going with this.

This is a story that needs to be written. Please continue it, I'll edit anything you need, feel free to send it to my e-mail.

Keep it up.
NirvanaChicas chapter 1 . 3/3/2005
OMG PLEASE CONTINUE.. this really reminded me of my childhood..SOME things did at least... i lived in washington for 7 years.. i was and still am an only child.. my name is Alison.. i was born in january.. holy crap.. its really freaky that i came across this and i can relate to it SO much
AboveTheSalt chapter 1 . 3/3/2005
Tinged with innocence & coming of age, this story has all the makings for a beautiful tale. Problems I encountered: there are many grammar errors. For me, reading a story full of misused homonyms (sense, since; to, too, two) and random commas is almost painful. If you do continue this piece, which I really think you should, please edit the story or get someone else to look it over. I did enjoy the style very much, though, and am waiting with anticipation for the next chapter. I hope the title's significance is revealed and the summary ("A tale of obsession") comes into play. Again, great story, keep working on it!

-salt.
Koriina chapter 1 . 3/2/2005
Woah . . . you live in Washington? I do . . . in Aberdeen, near where they're making the Kurt Kobain memorial thingy is being built _ I never htought I'd find ANYONE even near me who could write well . . . and you write awesome! I love this story, keep it up! (And . . . it's so true . . . I mean . . .holy crap. o.o;; ) I love this story. It could use refinement, of course, but I've never come across a story that didn't (Kate Elliot could stop using the word Auspicious so much . . . I mean, geesh!)

Okay, my hyperness is getting the better of me, so I think I'll cut this review short. let me reiterate that I LOVE IT! Please, update it soon.
aalagidude chapter 1 . 3/2/2005
IT is well written and has a good concept but not really my style (not that that matters) Its about growing up and life and puts it well i kind of feel sorry for the girl and that is what makes a great story... post more if u like
A Face Worth Remembering chapter 1 . 3/2/2005
It's a good story, there are a few gramatical and spelling errors, but nothing too major. Great work, and thanks for the reviews!

Elli