Reviews for Kiss to the Crow
John Scott Brewer chapter 1 . 9/4/2007
I have to agree with Israel up there.

For me, the poetry is in the words and their meanings.

Laminated by your feelings when you wrote them

Part of loving the poem is loving the poet's thoughts at the time of writing

even if there is no understanding the significance for me has always been the scene, or idea in the poem itself.

The meaning for you is a sacred thing, and I would not have you share it with me in a half-hazard manner. Just as my reasons for enjoying your poem remain personal beyond the above love of words... nonetheless, great wording and unique.

Thanks for posting it.
empty-spiral chapter 1 . 4/29/2006
hot damn.
Cirien Phoenix chapter 1 . 12/8/2005
I like this, it's very dark and gothic, but it's not emo or ridiculous. This is very well written. I've actually been doing some reading on Jack the Ripper lately and this is really cool even if it doesn't make total sense.

Lacy Cirien

P.S. Thanks for the review on some of my poetry. I forgot to write down what you reviewed, but that you anyways!
Aryanda chapter 1 . 8/3/2005
it kinda made sense to me. in a weird, demented way. the first stanza thing reminded of a child coming to means with the world, actually growing up and having their own way. the second stanza reminded me of a false identity bought from money, but a burden nonetheless. santza 3- made me think about someone who is caught up in sin (or the dark), but refuses to see it, spinning a web of lies and dreams in from of thier eyes. last stanza- they realize how much of a mess their life is, and they have to face the facts; kiss the crow. *blinks* i think too much, don't i?
Sylvia Ann Elliot chapter 1 . 6/16/2005
Beautiful. I love the first line, about lighting candles and stars. I don't "get" it, but I enjoy enigmatic poetry and flash fictions. The Jack the Ripper references really tie the poem together and pull it off. Kudos, and keep writing!
Chi Ame chapter 1 . 4/13/2005
Ahh! Gorgeous! I loove it... It's when you can't cry that you know it's over... wow. I think Jack the Ripper definitely gave it an excellent touch. I don't even know what to say, except that this is an AMAZING poem!
mispeled chapter 1 . 3/29/2005
I really like this. The last stanza is my favorite. I wish i had your poetry ability. I haven't written anything in a long time, i just write music really. I would post my lyrics but they writing cause it makes the world that much better.
Heather Montgomery chapter 1 . 3/28/2005
Oh wow.. I love this. It's so.. hopeful. The metaphor of the star in the darkness pretty much sums it up, for me.. a little bit of hope in the lonely dark. Anyway, this is by far one of my favourite of your poems! Very well done. Sorry it took me so long to review!
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 3/12/2005
i like it.. beautiful
Sarah Parker chapter 1 . 3/7/2005
Oh very pretty.. I like it alot. Especially the italics inbetween.. they're very.. fantasy/dream like.. I love that line, "carved my heart out of yellow jade." You're always so good at imagry and making everything sound so.. beautiful. I love the mysteriousness in this one. And yay for Jack the Ripper.
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 3/6/2005
I loved the rhymes. - I liked this so much. I loved your word choice and I love the phrases. - Beautiful.

!* Noelle *!
DementedOracle chapter 1 . 3/5/2005
Poetry doesn't have to make sense to anyone but the poet who writes it (Thank God, or I'd be a real washout). I like the poem.

Your rhyme is good; in fact, each one is perfect. The problem is that the rhyme cannot be properly appriciated because this poem is lacking in rhythm and meter. A literature textbook can describe these two features of poetry better than I can.
Aslan Israel chapter 1 . 3/5/2005
Who says poetry has to make sense? I love this, though. Nothing in this world makes sense anyway.