Reviews for Valhalla 7 1986
Dad chapter 3 . 6/29/2010
This is so beautiful. Like you.
Isca chapter 2 . 2/20/2010
"For who will walk me down the aisle?" Heart-breaking.
Isca chapter 1 . 2/20/2010
"Devilish horse." This is a very powerful and haunting image. It reminded me of the movie "Sleepy Hollow", for some reason.

"Desolation, like my life." The tone of this line is so raw and angsty. Wow.

"Abandoned [...] when still in the womb." Woah. That's intense and tragic.

It's sad that you had to grow up without a father. I'm sorry that he made the wrong decision. You don't deserve that kind of pain.
half-sketched.staccatos chapter 1 . 6/11/2007
konichi wa

Firstly, wow. What a jerk.

Secondly, this poem was really amazing. I love the way you described him: "the festering wound that refuses to heal."

My favorite line(s) was/were: "A cancer she'll battle her whole life long/This time most deadly in its absense." I never would have thought of it in those terms, how a cancer is deadly when it's actually in the body - but this "cancer" is called that because of the fact that it (he) WASN'T there.

Now that you mentioned the whole "Desolation Angels" thing, I understand why you wrote some of the words you did; and I love the way you played on that.

Firstly, the way started - "A scythe arches over membranous wings" - with that sort of angel "topic."

Then, also one of my favorites, when you're 'talking to him' and you say, "Desolation Demon." I didn't understand that while I was reading it, but when I read your little A/N at the end about his band, I got it.

Anyway, I loved this poem - hauntingly beautiful. I'll try to review some of your other pieces as soon as I finish studying for final exams (*groan*).

Zaijen

-Shan-
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 4/6/2005
Ah, this is dark and deep and very rich in subtle ringings of the mind.
this is britt chapter 1 . 3/9/2005
It was quite beautiful. kudos.