Reviews for Sweet Hate
Aibari chapter 1 . 4/23/2005
Good one! I wish I knew german so I could read your other poems!
ShadowPharoh chapter 1 . 3/31/2005
i love this poem!

SP
Ivriniel chapter 1 . 3/12/2005
Wieder kann ich mich in den Sprecher hineinversetzen, besonders in die beiden Zeilen "And, I’m not afraid of my death/Cause this life was not my choice" - die gefallen mir sehr gut.
Eirien chapter 1 . 3/9/2005
Something happened to the formatting … Anyway, I really like this poem, it’s almost like a song with the repetitions and four-line stanzas. These repetitions are really good, they intensify the message so much, they show the depth of this hate, and the intensity of the speaker’s suffering and sense of the meaninglessness of life. They show how the speaker is caught in a vicious circle of pain and hate, of despair and thoughts of revenge. The paradox “sweet hate”/ “bittersweet hate” is also very expressive. The poem creates the image of a person sitting on a hill looking down at the world which always revolves in the same way (“nothing will change – here”), crumbling and senseless, bringing nothing but pain. There is no sign of hope, no sign of a change for the better. “Slow painful death” – I think these are the lines I could relate to the most, because I know that feeling, how life sometimes feels like a slow painful death that will not end, we have to drag ourselves through it and just wish it would end, there would be some release of this pain. It’s a powerful phrase, and an impressive poem.