Reviews for No
SomethingSymbolic15 chapter 1 . 8/31/2005
LOVE IT! You should write that for DARE or something...that was really good and I loved it...keep writing and don't stop.

Yours truely,kaia
McQuinn chapter 1 . 8/28/2005
This sounds like one of those "Anti-Drug" commercials:

NO - MY ANTI-DRUG.

Wonderful writing. Simple, and yet so intelligent.
blackoutroses chapter 1 . 7/23/2005
i also find this unusual. It seems blunt but also personal. I liked the theme you used (its an original idea in poetry) and i also think the end worked well. I think maybe the idea about drugs was dragged out a little- maybe you could have expanded on the effects like you did in the line 'numb my brain'- i think that was cool. Generally well written!
Requiem for a Decrepit Mind chapter 1 . 7/7/2005
FINALLY! A young person with enough sense in their head to not do anything dangerous to themselves. This is a very good way to live and a very well written piece of motivation. Really good job.
Fallen Corrupted Angel chapter 1 . 6/30/2005
I like the message you're giving here and you write differently from others and I like that. You like your individuality. And the message(I hope I get the message right) your trying to say is loud and clear, at least to me it is...
Evan Reality Defiant chapter 1 . 6/30/2005
Congratulations. That is a great way to keep ones life on track, just reject the things that cause harm, and to embrace what is soothing.

I thought this was good.
Ballerina with a Gun chapter 1 . 6/16/2005
Bravo! Very good emphasis on the 'say no to drugs' routine.
Adrasteia Wen chapter 1 . 4/12/2005
You know, teachers should tell us THIS when they try to drill that into our heads. It would probably leave a better impact.
Death2Smilee chapter 1 . 4/6/2005
AWESOME. This gives a great message to everyone. I'm browsing through your site right now...This poem is great. You should create a (hated) mailing chain with this in it.
DementedOracle chapter 1 . 4/5/2005
A solid message, slightly over-used in mass media; not in poetry though, so I guess it's alright.

Do you really receive a lot of pressure of that sort? I often can't understand such messages of peer pressure, because they differ so from my own experience. I've had offers of illegal substances, many times, but I was never pressed when I said "No, thanks." Maybe I just got lucky. I have, sadly, seen a few friends soccumb to such indulgences.
xHannahx chapter 1 . 4/5/2005
this is good, i really like the way its split. i have a poem similar, its called "stoned". 1 question - does your profile have to be so long? several times you repeated yourself - you might want to look at that. your poems make up for that tho. thanks for reviewing.

Han.
katmufla chapter 1 . 4/4/2005
yeah, this sounds like a commercial. kind of sounds like you're giving yourself a pat on the back...not like i'm all for the drugs, just seems a little narrow minded. but it's pretty good...was completely interesting, not much depth...but i couldn't find any grammatical errors. the second to last verse line two doesn't make a lot of sense to me..."what, you forgot i'm alive?" if they're asking you something wouldn't they know you're alive, unless you think people who take drugs are dead...then that's interesting and i think you should further explore that subject. anyway, good job!
gloop chapter 1 . 4/4/2005
I really like this. The message is obviously a really good one, that I really wish some of my mates would take notice of. Usually with important mesages I find people make it seem to serious but this was enjoyable to read and the last line works so well.
kayttea chapter 1 . 4/3/2005
that a really good poem. you should always say no to drugs and i like that you made that point in this poem. i really liked it. :-)
XantheXanthias chapter 1 . 4/3/2005
great message, something that needs to be said more and more. i liked the set-up too. good job!

XX